$30.00
Ching Lin
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have few questions about the card text:

1. The patron card: what's the difference between a "+1 for each different occupation in IV" and "+2 for each different occupation of your family members in IV". If both are the same, why is their VP different?

2. Could someone define family member? Does friend become family member after marriage? Or family member only means my own children?

3. "the card you have arranged a marriage with" means "friend card" marry to my children, right?

Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Borowiecki
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re 1:
I think you are referring here to two different cards yet of the 'same meaning'. The 1st being the 'CONDORCET' and the 2nd 'DE NEUFCHATEAU'.

The 1st actually says '+1 for each different occupation in III', the difference is that it is a 3rd generation where the condition applies. Technically, you already have benefits for the 3rd generation for the friend cards where you do not have it for the 4th generation (other than cash for arranging marriage). Thus, it makes sense to make the extra condition of 'CONDORCET' worth less VPs than the condition on 'DE NEUFCHATEAU'.

Re 2:
A family member is every Child or Friend card which is in a player's family tree. It is mentioned in the main rule book, particularly in Arrange Marriage: 'Remember: Friends in arranged marriage are also considered part of your family for any purpose'.

Re 3:
If you have the exact card please let me know. Otherwise your interpretation is correct, as the above quote also supports it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.