Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the scoring section it says that Stoke Tokens are worth 1 point. Do you discard the Stoke Tokens when you score them? If so, I assume that scoring them is not mandatory? Also, can you score a Stoke Token you picked up on a previous wave?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
In the scoring section it says that Stoke Tokens are worth 1 point. Do you discard the Stoke Tokens when you score them? If so, I assume that scoring them is not mandatory? Also, can you score a Stoke Token you picked up on a previous wave?

Stoke tokens only add to your score if you use them while riding a wave. They can be used to adjust the power of a wave plus or minus 1 per stoke token used. All stoke tokens used in this way are discarded after scoring. Also keep in mind the cards which you adjusted using the stoke tokens are still scored with their printed power value (NOT whatever the adjusted value was).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
BrianJohnHunt wrote:

Stoke tokens only add to your score if you use them while riding a wave. They can be used to adjust the power of a wave plus or minus 1 per stoke token used. All stoke tokens used in this way are discarded after scoring. Also keep in mind the cards which you adjusted using the stoke tokens are still scored with their printed power value (NOT whatever the adjusted value was).

Oh. I assumed that because it is in the Point Value section of the Scoring section that it would be scored. Presumably, Barrel, Hang Ten, Perfect and Shore Bonuses ARE added to your card score in the scoring phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you gain a Stoke token for something, it goes into a little supply in your player area. You can hold up to 3 Stoke tokens here. Any tokens in your little supply do not factor into your score.

If you use a Stoke token when playing a card while riding or catching a wave, the Stoke token remains on that card in your score pile. Similarly, any tokens gained (Hang Ten, Barrel) stay on the appropriate card in the score pile. If you use a Stoken token while paddling, the Stoke token is discarded.

When you score your ride (either several cards for a Bail or successful ride) or 1 card for a wipe out, your played and earned tokens get scored. It's important to keep any tokens played or gained on the appropriate card in case you wipe out - only 1 card (+ tokens played/gained on that card) will be counted for your score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks. I am preparing to play my copy for the first time so this will hopefully become much clearer when I actually do play it.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.