Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Haynes
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Daniel Engel wrote:

Probably got a strike on the account. I think it causes and temporary ban, until it's resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's certainly odd...I wonder what happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Strobel
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if Nintendo didn't like his name. Just a random thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrilly Philly
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Youtube has some issues with strikes especially copyright. It is very easy for someone to claim a copyright infringement which could result in a automatic temporary suspension until worked out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Nothing on his Twitter account yet:

https://twitter.com/TheGameBoyGeek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's likely too busy with GenCon to get it fixed as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Uh-oh, not good. He was planning on a live feed with Bruno Cathala.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
matthean wrote:
He's likely too busy with GenCon to get it fixed as well.

Given that he apparently has an interview with Bruno Cathala scheduled to run on his channel, and that in general he wants to be releasing his updates about everything new ahead of or in parallel with everyone else, I'd venture to guess that he's probably pretty focused on getting it fixed.

Unfortunately, he might end up being boned for this particular event. I suspect he'll just have to get all the film in the can and release late.

My brother was at risk for being banned on Facebook - a malicious copyright accusation that was trivial to disprove - and it does seem that the bar is set pretty low on these sites. He's also had other problems with Facebook and Google, and neither one is easy to get into contact with. Facebook in particular refuses to communicate anything or involve human correspondence into any issue that you might bring up.

I could see it taking a while to get fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't consider it a loss, as I always considered his tastes a little too odd, but i am sorry to hear that, for all his fans out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gstrobe188 wrote:

This has Nintendo written all over it. Honestly that company is absolutely clueless when it comes to YouTube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
Gstrobe188 wrote:

This has Nintendo written all over it. Honestly that company is absolutely clueless when it comes to YouTube.

To some extent, I think that's fair if it is them. Legally, you have to protect your trademarks or you lose them. And, realistically, the name seems like a pretty clear allusion to their product, and like it has the potential to attract interest to him on that basis.

I believe that he also uses King of Tokyo dice in his intro? They could slam him for utilizing their graphic design for free. (Dice Tower's Miami Dice could have similar issues with their use of the Descent dice, unless they sought approval first.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, I had no idea Game Boy Geek was based out of Arizona! That would have been great to know a few months ago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnalyzerOfGames wrote:
venrondua wrote:
Gstrobe188 wrote:

To some extent, I think that's fair if it is them. Legally, you have to protect your trademarks or you lose them. And, realistically, the name seems like a pretty clear allusion to their product, and like it has the potential to attract interest to him on that basis.

I believe that he also uses King of Tokyo dice in his intro? They could slam him for utilizing their graphic design for free. (Dice Tower's Miami Dice could have similar issues with their use of the Descent dice, unless they sought approval first.)

I do understand in principle however when it comes to YouTube Nintendo gets silly. They have slapped other channels with claims even in situations when there was fair use. They get crazy and don't think about it.

If they behaved more rationally I'd be more open to being understanding but because of their behaviour in the past they have burned some good will with me and I think they are out of touch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nintendo rant aside a new tweet indicates he is back online and it was a YouTube error.

Quote:
Hello fans! I apologize that my channel was down for sometime today. There was a mistake made from Youtube and we are back online!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I was going to suggest that maybe you should propose a trade to youtube - get back GameBoyGeek's channel and trade away rahdo's channel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
I don't consider it a loss, as I always considered his tastes a little too odd, but i am sorry to hear that, for all his fans out there.

He's way on the family side of gaming. Not my taste either, but I can see him having an audience. Also, I'm mildly surprised someone would use the moniker he does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
Oh, I was going to suggest that maybe you should propose a trade to youtube - get back GameBoyGeek's channel and trade away rahdo's channel.

Or we could, oh I don't know, not worry about eradicating things from the Internet that simply aren't to our tastes. Instead maybe just not partake in them and focus our energies on the things we do like.

Crazy idea I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:

Or we could, oh I don't know, not worry about eradicating things from the Internet that simply aren't to our tastes. Instead maybe just not partake in them and focus our energies on the things we do like.

Crazy idea I know.

Or we could not get that easily offended by jokes.

Edit: I apologize if I offended any of Rahdo's fans. I mean no disrespect to any of you. I might dislike his enthusiasm for some games widely regarded as dry, but I do not project my tastes on others . I would not want Rahdo's channel to disappear, as it is a good source of information for many euro gamers and players who dislike conflictual games. Nonetheless, I did not consider that my comment would have an actual impact on the existence of his channel, and this is why I decided to post it. Once again, sorry if I offended you or any other of his fans. That was certainly not my intention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wionzek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnalyzerOfGames wrote:
My brother was at risk for being banned on Facebook - a malicious copyright accusation that was trivial to disprove - and it does seem that the bar is set pretty low on these sites.

That's because these sites just automatically throw anyone under the bus to avoid being a "co-defendant" in any potential issues.

Anyone makes any claim they just go "Not us!" and close your stuff.

There's zero desire to "back their users" on any of those content networks. They only want you as a user if you cause them zero problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
venrondua wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:

Crazy idea I know.

Or we could not get that easily offended by jokes.

Edit: I apologize if I offended any of Rahdo's fans. I mean no disrespect to any of you. I might dislike his enthusiasm for some games widely regarded as dry, but I do not project my tastes on others . I would not want Rahdo's channel to disappear, as it is a good source of information for many euro gamers and players who dislike conflictual games. Nonetheless, I did not consider that my comment would have an actual impact on the existence of his channel, and this is why I decided to post it. Once again, sorry if I offended you or any other of his fans. That was certainly not my intention.

Fair enough, no worries. Jokes over written text are hard to communicate. A smiley face does help clear up ones intentions when replying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
AnalyzerOfGames wrote:
venrondua wrote:
Gstrobe188 wrote:

I do understand in principle however when it comes to YouTube Nintendo gets silly. They have slapped other channels with claims even in situations when there was fair use. They get crazy and don't think about it.

If they behaved more rationally I'd be more open to being understanding but because of their behaviour in the past they have burned some good will with me and I think they are out of touch.

I can see this from both sides:
A) I'm almost willing to be real that the majority of folks browsing YouTube or hearing of that will think it's the Nintendo Game Boy. Those were my exact sentiments, and even I had the "hint" that this was linked from BGG... a board gaming site (which was outside any vg context, as BGG does discuss video game stuff from time to time).

B) Analysts have criticized Nintendo for shutting videos on YouTube feautring unauth. usage of their stuff when the correct thing to do woudl've bee to let it slide, and use the free advertising and publicity to help them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.