Subject: Chaos card questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Lewis
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
We just tried this game for the first time with my group of friends and it was very well received. But after the game I wanted to look for a few clarifications and can't seem to find what I need. When it comes to chaos cards that appear to stay in play for a bit...do they carry over from round to round? Or will the card go away after one full game round regardless of whether it's requirements were met? For example, Nurgles two chaos cards "Nurgles quest" and "ultimate plague". I might be overthinking it but can someone please explain timing and duration of these cards? Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards are removed from the board during the end phase unless they have specific functions which allow them to remain in play (and will say so on the card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream // Benny Carter - The King // Charles McPherson - Manhattan Nocturne // Art Pepper - Smack Up // Dudu Pukwana - In The Townships
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See The End Phase on page 20 of the rulebook:

rules wrote:
1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lewis
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Isn't Nurgles quest one such card that remains in play beyond the initial round it's played? I'm not home now but I thought that was the deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No, Nurgle's Quest doesn't remain. You have to set everything up just right that you can combo into it for one massive turn. That's why it's a quest: you're spending all game getting it ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.