Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Set-up in rules says to put a white cube on the terraforming rating chart to keep track of generation (round) number. And at the start of each generation you're supposed to move it up one. But when we've played we haven't figured out why to do it. What's the purpose? Maybe it has to do with the "era" cards we haven't played yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the game ends after 14 generations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The main game-mechanic reason is to know when the game ends when playing SOLO(14 generations).For multiplayer it is just a nice thematic thought of how long it might take to terraform Mars (I rarely use it) ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac Fryxelius wrote:
The main game-mechanic reason is to know when the game ends when playing SOLO(14 generations).For multiplayer it is just a nice thematic thought of how long it might take to terraform Mars (I rarely use it) ...

Gotcha. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac Fryxelius wrote:

Correct.
It is also used when playing the draft variant; even generation you draft clockwise, and on odd generations you draft counter-clockwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryxen wrote:
Isaac Fryxelius wrote:

Correct.
It is also used when playing the draft variant; even generation you draft clockwise, and on odd generations you draft counter-clockwise.

Excellent. Thanks the answer and for such an amazing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Callan Bond
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fryxen wrote:
Correct.

Oh nice. I've played one full game, loved it, but this variant seems like an instant must-do. Didn't really go through anything in the rules besides what we needed to play our first game (we used beginning corporations, etc), but we'll definitely be using this from the next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
calbond wrote:
Fryxen wrote:
Correct.

Oh nice. I've played one full game, loved it, but this variant seems like an instant must-do. Didn't really go through anything in the rules besides what we needed to play our first game (we used beginning corporations, etc), but we'll definitely be using this from the next game.

Yeah. Our first game we didn't draft and I found it frustrating because I was going to receive bonus points for Jovian tags, but I couldn't find any. Second game we drafted and I felt like I could actually find the tags I was looking for while also denying opponents certain tags or abilities at key points in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.