Vietnam Solitaire Special Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Clarification (Removal of US/Allied Units) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
1. In the base/original game rules (or special edition for that matter), when a "6" is rolled on the Political Events Chart, prompting me to "Remove 1 US Unit" do I take this unit from the game map or my pool (or is there an order, say map first, then pool if none on map? or is it always my choice where to take it from)? Then, when removed, do I remove the unit from the game entirely (out of play for good)?

2. Similar question now as it relates to the Special Edition Rules. On the Add/Remove Units to Available Pool...When I am prompted to "remove US ground units" (I assume these units are removed from the game entirely in this case) do these come off the map or the extra units available for the pool or those already in the pool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
PeteM41 wrote:
1. In the base/original game rules (or special edition for that matter), when a "6" is rolled on the Political Events Chart, prompting me to "Remove 1 US Unit" do I take this unit from the game map or my pool (or is there an order, say map first, then pool if none on map? or is it always my choice where to take it from)? Then, when removed, do I remove the unit from the game entirely (out of play for good)?

I've been taking it from the map and putting it in the pool.

At some point, iirc, these can go permanently out of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mtngrown wrote:
PeteM41 wrote:

I've been taking it from the map and putting it in the pool.

At some point, iirc, these can go permanently out of play.

Thanks Juan,

So take them from the map, put them back into the pool. If none on the map, then none to remove on this turn? Sound right? And yes, I realize at some point later they are permanently removed.

Hey, by any chance did you see my other posted question about the NVA relocation in the Special Edition rules? No one has replied yet? How do you play that?

Thanks - Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.