k c
msg tools
There seems to be almost as much content in the two new expansions as the base game. So I reckon they might be pricey. Theoretically, if I was only going to buy one, would 1st edition players recommend Recurring Nightmares or Suppressed Memories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
One of them (I think recurring nightmares) is just the 1st edition stuff so it's actually only one expansion (which of course also already was released for the 1st edition).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kdc629 wrote:
There seems to be almost as much content in the two new expansions as the base game. So I reckon they might be pricey. Theoretically, if I was only going to buy one, would 1st edition players recommend Recurring Nightmares or Suppressed Memories?

It's purely a matter of taste and largely depends on which investigators you want. None of the Arkham files minis are anything special.

I would get Recurring Nightmares because of Shoggoths and Mi-go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ronda
United States
flag msg tools
Since the rumor seems to be that there will be a new scenario unlocked with each expansion, you better wait until reviews come out for each new scenario.

That said Suppressed Memories wins on cool monsters imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.