Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is and there isn't....for Necromancers , you only use a total of 6 necro cards but you can use more than one necro....2 cards of one necro / 4 of another , any combo you want really.

Then you can add in any and/or all of the bosses and abominations but they each have 4 cards that have to be added if you use them. This is crazy by the way...I usually only use one boss and regular abom with the abom wolf.

So yes you can add what you want but what you add have a certain anmount of cards to add with them.

It's a sandbox so have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Warren
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
To keep the variety in but the mechanics simple I have one card in for each of the character necromancers and all the original normal necromancers.

Only one of each type is on board at any given time, normal, or named necro.

Any additional draws of normal necromancer are extra activations for the normal necromancer. any further named necromancers are extra activations for the named necromancer. This lets the named necromancer be different without having to adjust cards in the deck each time. with the full allotment of extra spawns(dogs, crowz, NPCs, etc) this also balances out the deck so necromancers pop up not infrequently.

Once the named necromancer is off board(dead or successfully exited) another can spawn and any additional named necros drawn after that are extra activations for that necromancer.

I also so the same thing with abominations, except in scenarios that call for more than one special like the ones in the "campaign." So you can have a normal and one special at any given time, both with the ability to get extra activations, and all without changing any cards. Shuffling makes sure each game is unique.

After adding in all the extras this keeps both necros and abombs spawning enough to be worrisome, but not so much that spend every turn dealing with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I run one of each named necro. And one of each special abom (that is all of them except basic aboms and wolfaboms, they both get all their cards)

I like the mix, ill likely change it up post s2, depending on what we get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My plan will be to throw everything in, but limit the board to 1 Necro or 1 Abom at a time, so every time the card comes back up, regardless of type, it's just another activation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.