Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Agenda Mission Before Finale rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Simrell
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hullo all. I'm just about to wrap up my first campaign as the Imperial player. I know I've made several mistakes, but our group has rolled with it and learned from it overall. We have just the finale left, but in the last upgrade stage I drew an agenda mission (specifically the one that unlocks the Royal Champion) and I'm not sure how this works out. Looking at the campaign log we already did it wrong because before the finale we did one last side mission.

My question is if I buy this can they hold off on the finale again, or if I buy it now does it automatically reward me the Royal Champion, or since the finale is next am I unable to use agenda missions? I've tried looking through the books and online for an answer, but wasn't able to find one. If this is obvious, or been answered elsewhere that I just missed I apologize, but thank you for your patience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
After the last side mission slot you don't benefit from an agenda side mission in any way, you would just lose the influence.

The rebels do not need to select a side mission anymore, so they never 'get to' ignore the agenda side mission in favor of another mission, and thus you don't get the reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Unless it is a forced (red) mission I believe. Then again, forced missions might be only forced so long as the rebels are forced to choose it (however, the fsct that there is a separate space on the campaign log for them makes me think otherwise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forced mission is played immediately when it is put to play, whether from a mission result or when purchased as a Forced Agenda Mission. (Forced Missions are not red or any specific color.)

I think the question was about Agenda Side Missions only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Simrell
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Unfortunately this is what I was assuming. Even for the Empire suddenly earning a new unique unit seemed too scummy. Thanks for your response! I really messed up a lot of the campaign structure this time around, can't wait to try it again knowing what I now know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Forced mission is played immediately when it is put to play, whether from a mission result or when purchased as a Forced Agenda Mission. (Forced Missions are not red or any specific color.)

I think the question was about Agenda Side Missions only.

The space for them on the campaign log is red.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otakuon wrote:
The space for them on the campaign log is red.

Ah, the log, not the cards. Yes, if you have printed the log in color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.