$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Anybody know if there were enough copies to satisfy demand at Gen Con? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Freeber
msg tools
mbmbmb
Couldn't make it to Gen Con this year so I can't first hand report. In years past, big launches have fallen short on supply so I'm curious if anybody there this year knows if it sold out or if they are meeting demand.

(And if you're at Gen Con and answering this...fer crying out loud...GO BACK TO THE CON!!!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Kristiansen
Denmark
Kongens Lyngby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Jamey, the limit is the number of copies there is room for in the booth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't really matter, it's out in retail now. I just got my copy today from Miniature Market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jsc19702 wrote:
Doesn't really matter, it's out in retail now. I just got my copy today from Miniature Market.

+1

People don't need to go to GenCon to get it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Scythe is being sold out of the Cephalofair Games booth, and our supply will likely last until Saturday afternoon. In terms of predicting the demand under the unprecedented situation of a hot big box game releasing a month after 18,000 fans already received their copies, I think we did pretty well! (For reference, we brought 1,000 copies.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
Scythe is being sold out of the Cephalofair Games booth, and our supply will likely last until Saturday afternoon. In terms of predicting the demand under the unprecedented situation of a hot big box game releasing a month after 18,000 fans already received their copies, I think we did pretty well! (For reference, we brought 1,000 copies.)

Gloomhaven is going to be so awesome Isaac. I'm jealous that a buddy of mine is going to demo it at GenCon, but I'll get to play it for real in a few months when my copy arrives

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Freeber
msg tools
mbmbmb
jsc19702 wrote:

I was curious how it was going over at Gen Con, and the rate of sales would be a good indicator of that.

Glad to hear it's moving well. Hope everyone enjoys the Con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dennett
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Always play to win, don't care if you lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually asked Jamie in the elevator tonight if Scythe had sold out yet, and he said they still had about 200 copies left. Methinks those will be gone tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.