Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Adair
United States
Barrington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say that this game looks excellent!

Seems like a good yet easy to pick up game.
Easily a game my wife and/or kids and I could play in short time over lunch.

I definitely like looks of the pieces even in prototype mode.

I'm putting this on my to buy kickstarter list... I wish I could buy it today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Guigliano
United States
East Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
southj95 wrote:
I must say that this game looks excellent!

Seems like a good yet easy to pick up game.
Easily a game my wife and/or kids I could play in short time over lunch.

I definitely like looks of the pieces even in prototype mode.

I'm putting this on my to buy kickstarter list... I wish I could buy it today!

Hey Todd!

I am at Gen Con now, volunteering for Floodgate Games, and have been running demos and talking about the game at their booth quite often of the past two days. The response is wonderful, and everyone that has been playing it loves it.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the game. I will do my best to answer them.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Shannon
United States
Mercer Island
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a chance to demo this on Thursday and had a great time. Will be backing the kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Adair
United States
Barrington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!

Yes I do have a few questions and I watched it like 3 more times.

1) The cards with special moves
When can you use them - is it in place of picking a die?
The cost seems to be x+1 where x is how many already on there?
And you get 3 stones for x?
There is also a die # and a # in a circle on those cards do they mean anything?

2) Do you have to start placing dice from the edges ( or even top/bottom)?

3) I assume from video that diagonal same color/# is fine just not orthogonal

4) How many dice do you get and use each game. I assume in the bag it's 5 of each color for each player. Which would make it 25/player so in a 2 player game that's 50 dice. 100 in 4 player! Which is just wow
I'll assume it's 2-4 player game.

5) I'll assume that window cards are double sided and he mentioned advance level which I'll guess just has more specific shade/color spots.

6) What happens when you can't play a die legally. Do you pick one and chuck it away?

Sorry for all the questions.
But thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Adamescu
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
southj95 wrote:
Cool!

Yes I do have a few questions and I watched it like 3 more times.

1) The cards with special moves
When can you use them - is it in place of picking a die?
The cost seems to be x+1 where x is how many already on there?
And you get 3 stones for x?
There is also a die # and a # in a circle on those cards do they mean anything?

2) Do you have to start placing dice from the edges ( or even top/bottom)?

3) I assume from video that diagonal same color/# is fine just not orthogonal

4) How many dice do you get and use each game. I assume in the bag it's 5 of each color for each player. Which would make it 25/player so in a 2 player game that's 50 dice. 100 in 4 player! Which is just wow
I'll assume it's 2-4 player game.

5) I'll assume that window cards are double sided and he mentioned advance level which I'll guess just has more specific shade/color spots.

6) What happens when you can't play a die legally. Do you pick one and chuck it away?

Sorry for all the questions.
But thanks in advance.

Hi Todd,

1.) You can use the special tools and still pick a die, but you spend one of your skill tokens to do so. The first player to use the tool only pays 1 skill token, the following players pay 2 skill tokens for using the same tool. You usually get 3 "stones" (skill tokens), but that may depend on the skill level you play at... There are some harder stained glass windows with more restrictions.
The numbers and the colors on the cards matter - you get special bonuses if you use a tool when drafting a dice of that color or number. The numbers and colors also play an important role in the solo game.

2.) You can start with your first dice anywhere on the outer edges, but must continue to add to the window either orthogonally or diagonally adjacent to an already placed die.

3.) Yes, diagonal same color or shade is allowed. Only ortogonal placements of the same color or shades are restricted. There are tools however that allow you to break these rules.

4.) Every round you roll 2N + 1 dice, where N is the number of players. You do that for 10 rounds - so in a 4 player game you use 9 dice each round for 10 rounds (90 dice total). Note - A window frame has 20 locations. It's a 1-4 player game, with a really cool solo variant (but that might just be my bias opinion)

5.) I would also think the window cards are double sided, but I'm not sure what the final production will look like either.

6.) When you can't place a die, you can still draft it and place it aside (on the timeline). Empty locations on your window frame are -1 Point at the end of the game.

Thanks for your interest and your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Adair
United States
Barrington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a few more questions after watching the covenant video.

First let me say thanks for the info so far it's great.

1) Is it always 3 public objectives even if the rules say 2?

2) Do you score +1 for skill token you have left at the end of 10 rounds?

3) Are there any other private objectives or at this point is it just color pips?

4) Does the bag always start with 90 Dice?

Thanks and really can't wait for this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Adamescu
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
southj95 wrote:

1) Is it always 3 public objectives even if the rules say 2?

2) Do you score +1 for skill token you have left at the end of 10 rounds?

3) Are there any other private objectives or at this point is it just color pips?

4) Does the bag always start with 90 Dice?

Thanks and really can't wait for this one.

1) Yes, in every game you deal 3 public objectives. We found this to work the best, but of course you may try playing other variations - especially with kids, you may try 2.

2) Skill tokens don't earn you points. We want to encourage players to use them because it's way more fun. They allow you to break the rules in interesting ways.

3) Yes, private objectives are only pips of a certain color. Every player gets 1 private objective at the beginning. We wanted to keep the private objectives as simple as possible, so you don't always have to check.

4) Yes, the bag starts with all 90 dice. In a 4 player game you see them all.

Happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Guigliano
United States
East Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrian did a wonderful job answering the questions. Here are a few tidbits more...

The cards will be double sided, so you'll have more options.

The first die placed to start the game must be in the outter edge, then future dice are placed from there.

Also, and I'm not sure if any of these have changed, or will change again for the campaign, but the glass tokens, or influence, or patronage (whatever they will end up being), are worth one point at the end of the ten rounds. And I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the video, but every space that doesn't have a die placed on it is minus one point at the end of the game.

It should be a fun campaign, and a great game. Floodgate Games does a great job with production. Adrian and Daryl have a phenominal game here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Adair
United States
Barrington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah based upon the picture on BGG it seemed as if tokens counted as +1.
Which in the end actually seems fine to me.
In a 4 player game someone is gonna have to not play just 1 token.
It's maybe a reward for playing well and not needing tools.

I like the start from a side that's kind of thematic I would guess.

Yeah can't wait for this one I think it'll be a hit in the everyone can play it category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a chance to demo this and it looked very cool. I'll probably get a copy based on the art and theme alone.

I voiced concern about being colorblind friendly. The version they had at Gen Con was NOT colorblind friendly. Ben (I think that's his name) mentioned a couple of things to address that:

1 - That the shades and colors were not necessarily final.
My comment: I'm not sure how much that will actually help. It is still translucent dice with colors so it will be difficult. I suggested using different colored pips on the dice to help. Black pips on the green and blue dice and white on the red and purple dice would help. His response was that it doesn't solve it for everyone.

2 - That they will offer Print and Play versions of the cards/board with symbols on them as well as a board to place dice that show the same symbols. This would make it colorblind friendly.
My comment: This does solve the issue (so long as all players are not colorblind). But I think it should just be incorporated into the base game. I am less likely to make my own PnP copy of certain components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Play games and be awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
clarkkent22 wrote:

Also, and I'm not sure if any of these have changed, or will change again for the campaign, but the glass tokens, or influence, or patronage (whatever they will end up being), are worth one point at the end of the ten rounds.

Correct.

Sorry, Adrian, this was a development change I've been meaning to chat with you guys about
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Andrews
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Throughout the development of the game Adrian & I bounced back and forth on that rule. Personally, Im happy with players gaining a point for saved tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.