Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen people write about how the lion god comes if you attack the white lions too much, but having read the book, I cant seem to find any evidence of that. He just seem like a mid tier huntable monster... Did I miss anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Ryn
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
It would be fairly easy to houserule a Lion Protector variant though. When a lion is killed, D10 + lions hunted, if 17+ add Special Showdown-Lion God to the timeline 3 years from now. Or After 8 lions have been hunted, add the God's Wrath hunt event (The repeated slaughter of its children has angered the Lion God. A Lion God of the same level as the monster you're hunting ambushes the survivors) to the white lion deck.

Endless possibilities really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I believe that the concept of the Lion God shifted during development; having it get angry at settlements for hunting White Lions doesn't fit thematically anymore.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Lion God seems to be the deranged survivor of an ancient civilization of lion-like creatures. The Knowledge Worm has kept its powerful body alive, but in constant torment, and has devoured its mind. I doubt it knows or cares what happens to the White Lions. Interesting to think that in the past, a small group of White Lions might have built a settlement into a civilization, much like a group of human survivors!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
The theme definitely seemed to shift, but with the confirmation of a "Screaming God" expac in the works I rather think that the Lion God was redesigned to be more Lantern Festival quality than core game quality. Probably the only reason he still came out is because the toughness wasn't completely overwhelming for the core game, just nigh-impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.