Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Whitmore
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our first (2p) game we failed to establish a city in the Santa Maria world. The rules instruct that the World marker (Arts, Science, etc) is placed on the world when the first city is established. Consequently we never placed the "Arts World" marker.

We wondered about the scoring for Arts improvements. Should the Arts improvements have scored at all? This seemed extreme. So we just awarded a score of "0" for a player's first arts improvement, then a score "1" for his second, and so on.

I wonder if we did this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin_Whitmore wrote:

Cannot answer that, but I had the same situation. I decided that the third world gets, by default and at game end, the remaining marker.

Sometimes you just don't recognize art until it is inevitable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
Kevin_Whitmore wrote:

Cannot answer that, but I had the same situation. I decided that the third world gets, by default and at game end, the remaining marker.

Sometimes you just don't recognize art until it is inevitable ;)

When it happened to me, I assumed the same thing. The last world gets the remaining marker.

If there are no cities in that world at the end, the base score for the first benefit would be 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kendall
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin

Thanks for raising this point and thanks too to Lutz and Brian for your answers. You have (as usual) answered Kevin's point correctly. To clarify I have added the following paragraph to the Rules Clarifications on RB website www.ragnarbrothers.co.uk

Worlds with no City

If at the end of the game one or more worlds has no City built, then the missing marker(s) - Arts World, Science World, Religion World - is simply placed there. The Basic value for any such Progress Benefits will be zero.

Regards
Steve K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.