Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary: Marvel Deck Building Game - Civil War Expansion , so do you throw this in with the base game or does that screw up the story line of Civil War? I will be honest with all the expansions I am starting to get confused how to organize them and play with them so can some of you experts in the system explain the whole base and expansion system. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really a free for all.

You can build a custom scenario based on a story line from the comics by choosing thematic heroes and villains (from a single expansion or your entire pool).

You can choose villains and heroes that interest or excite you and the other people you're playing with.

You can leave the choices to fate.

Usually when opening a new expansion, we'll play a couple games where we choose the heroes, villains and scheme from the new expansion and try out the new toys.

After a few games, we'll either just pull out an application that randomly assigns all of the variables or use the app to choose the scheme and villains while each player picks a hero (or heroes) to include in the deck from everything that's available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are also some apps that will "Smart" randomize for you -- i.e., make it more likely that teammates are paired up and up against a Villain that makes sense. I find it a good balance of cohesive and just a little wacky rather than total chaos: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ctgilley.m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play a storyline from Civil War using appropriate heroes if you wish, or try something completely crazy. Have Captain America, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Hercules, and Cloak & Dagger fight Authoritative Iron Man and the SRA Villains in an Epic Super Hero Civil War, or have the Sinister Six stop Galactus from doing a Midtown Bank Robbery. It's all up to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.