United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just announced this afternoon at the Dice Tower Live show at Gen Con: We've started up a new game company called Restoration Games. We are taking mass market games from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s and fixing them up for the modern gamer. Think Stop Thief, This Game is Bonkers!, Dragonmaster, etc.

Our CRO (Chief Restoration Officer) is none other than Rob Daviau of Pandemic Legacy and SeaFall (and Epic Duels and Queen's Gambit and Heroscape and Betrayal at House on the Hill and ...) fame.

We're also working with graphic designer Jason Taylor, who had a hand in some of your favorite games from Hasbro, including Heroscape, and Asdruval Cifuentes, who you might know better as the Retro Board Gamer from the Dice Tower's Board Game Blender.

If you want to hit us up with some games you'd like to see us spruce up, please check out our website, where you can throw a name our way,or take our 5-minute survey and weigh in on some games we are thinking about.

Remember: Every game deserves another turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ramble
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Congratulations and good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ramble wrote:
Congratulations and good luck!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds amazing! Looking forward to great things!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/22
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be fun to see what you guys do with those old classics. I think many people are nostalgic for them as they stand, but in reality, it would be great to see some updates and improvements and maybe taking them above and beyond without losing too much of the original design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tasajara wrote:
It will be fun to see what you guys do with those old classics. I think many people are nostalgic for them as they stand, but in reality, it would be great to see some updates and improvements and maybe taking them above and beyond without losing too much of the original design.

That is precisely the plan. Keep the spirit of the game, but make it work for what we expect out of modern games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shall be following closely! We actually still break out Dragonmaster from time to time and get in a few games. Surprisingly neat little game, be fun to see an updated version of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dziubla
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can I recommend:
1.) Crossbows and Catapults
2.) Dark Tower
3.) mystery mansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All popular requests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you look at or spoken to the guys on the "Flip the Table" podcast. They might have good insight into good games to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dziubla wrote:
Dark Tower

Given the game's history, is it even possible to bring that one back to life? Do we know for sure who owns the rights?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kiaiweidemann wrote:
Have you look at or spoken to the guys on the "Flip the Table" podcast. They might have good insight into good games to do.

Indeed! They rallied heir followers to suggest the McDonald's game en masse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:
dziubla wrote:
Dark Tower

Given the game's history, is it even possible to bring that one back to life? Do we know for sure who owns the rights?

It's certainly murky. But it is on our radar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I've realized that the game I'd be most interested in seeing what a modern take on it would look like, considering it was fairly ahead of it's time, slightly predates the era you're planning on focusing on based on your website (Buccaneer) - Deterministic movement, ability to fight and trade with opponents, the better you are at movement the less likely to have a good crew by chance (but you can focus on collecting a better crew, though I'm not sure how viable a strategy that is in the game as originally published)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinDJacobson wrote:
kiaiweidemann wrote:

Indeed! They rallied heir followers to suggest the McDonald's game en masse.

I was one of those fans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Gillispie
United States
Chamblee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It made me happy to see Kingmaker on the survey list; I think you get a great deal of the flavor of that game just by playing the short game rules in the last edition of the rulebook, and lopping off 6 hours of chasing the Marshal of England.

I know that many of the AH games rights will be problematic, but a couple that I think would modernize nicely (and never get mentioned) are Circus Maximus and Gunslinger. I don't think there's anything out there does justice by either theme.

And, at the other end of the spectrum - The Inventors. Now that's a dice tower!

Good luck, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottgillispie wrote:
It made me happy to see Kingmaker on the survey list; I think you get a great deal of the flavor of that game just by playing the short game rules in the last edition of the rulebook, and lopping off 6 hours of chasing the Marshal of England.

I know that many of the AH games rights will be problematic, but a couple that I think would modernize nicely (and never get mentioned) are Circus Maximus and Gunslinger. I don't think there's anything out there does justice by either theme.

And, at the other end of the spectrum - The Inventors. Now that's a dice tower!

Good luck, guys!

You might be pleased to know that all three of those games have been suggested by others too. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Dogfight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Masterpiece
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there."
mbmbmbmbmb
You got Rob Daviau?

Might I suggest Key to the Kingdom Legacy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:

You Sir just won the internet. Everyone else can go home now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A reprinted/updated Stop Thief would be a dream come true! I love, love, love that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
Extremely happy to vote for Mystery Mansion and then see its already on the under consideration list.

Betrayal at House on the Hill really screwed up by not inlcuding the multi-level rooms.

Having the room art be important for searching is great, and makes the art IMPORTANT - which is not the case in most games.

The treasure chests and key cards were just cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
Very excited about this company and their mission!

Would like to see updated versions of...

Masterpiece
King Oil
A Nightmare on Elm Street (Victory Games)
Central America (Victory Games)
Shrieks & Creaks

And, these may be a bit of a stretch unless some sort of agreement with other parties can be worked out...

Clue Master Detective
Clue Museum Caper (could possibly be re-themed away from Clue)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.