Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The map and terrain key on the board says Level 1 Trench only for Square and Mountain areas. But I find no reference to "levels" of trenches anywhere in the rule book.
Please clarify.
Thanks.
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
Level 1 trench essentially means maximum one trench counter. Most spaces allow two levels of trenches (two trench counters), but square and mountain spaces may only have one trench.

Kirk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Torr wrote:
Level 1 trench essentially means maximum one trench counter. Most spaces allow two levels of trenches (two trench counters), but square and mountain spaces may only have one trench.

Kirk

Ah OK, I've got it now. Last part of 8.3.4.1 "...up to a maximum of two." and 8.3.4.3 "Standard area 2, Square or Mountain area 1, Circle area None". The word Level threw me. Thanks Kirk!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this game well researched, so I am curious: why only one trench in the squares?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't speak for Kirk, but it was my understanding that if we allowed 2 trench levels in a square they would be turned into impenetrable fortresses as the stacking limit in them is only one unit (due to the terrain and the difficulty of supplying troops in those areas).

As an aside I've never seen even one level of trenches in a square as there is a limit to the total number of trenches a player can build and he will have more important places to defend then an invasion route that is already practically impenetrable. (Also once a trench is built it can't be moved so it's a better play to leave them un-built, if possible, until you are sure where they'll really be needed.)

- Fred
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that makes perfectly sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.