$30.00
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

SPOILER ALERT!

We played our first game of this, early januari. Four players. When we draw cubes to the board. We got quite many red cubes, some black cubes near africa, some yellow cubes in northern africa, and some blue in US. We did pick four event card and shuffled then into the deck.

The start player played an event card, so we could build a research station without spending an action. He build it in Hong Kong. He traveled there and took away one cube in Hong Kong and one in Shanghai.

The second player traveled to Khartoum and took away three cubes.

When we got the first epidemic, that putted 3 cubes on San Fransisco, we didn't have that many cards in the discard pile. We had an event card letting us have a Calm night. We did play it after some talking about save it for later.

The next player could then go to San Fransisco, three steps, and take away one cube.

The first card we then draw from the infection pile was the San Fransisco card. Yay!

On my next turn I took away more cubes in San Fransisco and, as a dispatcher, I moved another players pawn. I draw two black cards, and had now 3 black cards.

We kept in mind to try to not have any city with three cubes in it, and most of the time we didn't. We draw a new epidemic card. And got three cubes in one city.

We played a event cards so we could arrange the first cards in the infection draw pile. Because of that we manage to get rid of one of the three cubes in that city, before it was drawn. Yay again.

We continued. And one of our player got enough yellow cards, and put then in a research station. Cure for yellow.

The third epidemic card putted three cubed in Mexico City. We then draw that card, and we got our first outbreak. And the first Panic, a no 1, in Mexico City. The next turn our Medic went to four yellow cities taking away 8 cubes in total. Nice.

The other players was over in asia, gave some cards to each other, and did take away some red cubes. I draw a forth black card, and another player gave me a fifth. The next time it was my turn I did leave those cards at a research station. Cure for black.

Our medic took away the last black cubes.

And that colour should not trouble us any more.

We got our second outbreak. It was in Shanghai. And the second city to panic, at no 1 rate. There was some red cubes there now.

We found one more cure. Cure for blue. We was close to found the cure for red as well. But the guy with the red cards needed one more red card. We were two player having one red card. One of the cards was Osaka.

We knew this was out last round around the table, because the card deck was soon gone.

Me, as a dispatcher moved, on my turn, one of the other players with a Osaka. The guy with the red cards got the last card he needed. And had AP enough to put them in to the research center. There was only one card left in the draw pile. We won in the last second.

As the two end game bonuses we put two permanent research stations out on the board, in Hong Kong and Istanbul. Two good places, both having six connections. Will be good to have those, not at least in the start of the other turns.

I'm very happy with the victory. And happy with the way we played. It was a good harmony among the players. And good discussions. We only had two outbreaks, and did place research stations at very good places. Glad for the event cards we did pick. And I'm happy with the end game bonuses we did choose. We will see how it will work in our future games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
What color disease is Coda? After the second outbreak did you follow the Legacy deck as directed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You appear to have missed something during your game - or else you missed it in your write-up - you should have drawn cards from the Legacy Deck at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we missed that. Didn't read on the Stop card until now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.