Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Millennium Blades» Forums » General

Subject: What to buy? Confused rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
So I stumbled upon some reprint kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/millennium...

apparently you can get "all the things" for 110 dollars and have the set rotation expansion and two mini-expansions. Yes, you get all the things.

But when I click the button "late pledge" I get brought to the website of Level99games.

http://store.level99games.com/index.php/millennium-blades.ht...

There are FIVE mini-expansions here, not two. So what's going on here? Are these other three just useless extras? Why isn't there a "Really all the things!" pledge?

I just want all the things man.

Edit: I can also ignore these crazy mini-expansions and just go for Millenium Blades and Set Rotation for 80 bucks. Is that fun too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Core game is all you really need. Set rotation is an official expansion (which you'll probably want too).

The 5 mini expansions are all promo packs (the first two from the first kickstarter). They're all really cool but only available for a limited time.

All of the late pledges are now done via their website. The game is great in my opinion! Totally worth it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is fun by itself. I love variety, so I also preordered the Set rotation expansion, because it adds additional starter decks (which helps in more player choices for larger games).

The mini expansions were stretch goals from the most recent kickstarter (which was for the reprint of the game after the first kickstarter). In the end, I felt like having a lot of choice was fun, since almost every mini-set is a parody of something pop culture from video games to anime to movies to other board games/card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timefortravel wrote:
There are FIVE mini-expansions here, not two. So what's going on here? Are these other three just useless extras? Why isn't there a "Really all the things!" pledge?

The 'all the things' pledge level includes all five mini-expansions. They were unlocked during the campaign (having previously been available in the original campaign) and added to certain pledge levels, but you can't change pledge descriptions once people have pledged for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BlackSheep wrote:
Timefortravel wrote:

The 'all the things' pledge level includes all five mini-expansions. They were unlocked during the campaign (having previously been available in the original campaign) and added to certain pledge levels, but you can't change pledge descriptions once people have pledged for it.

Hmm, are you sure? Because even their website only mentions two when you click the 110$ pledge, and that one isn't on the Kickstarter site.

What you say does make sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timefortravel wrote:
Hmm, are you sure? Because even their website only mentions two when you click the 110$ pledge, and that one isn't on the Kickstarter site.

The online shop version of the $110 pledge does say "includes any stretch goals unlocked for this tier".

The relevant KS update said:

Quote:
Two new pledge tiers, the $40 "Five Mini Expansions" Tier and the $66 "Set Rotation + Five Mini-Expansions" Tier allow you to add these two Mini-Expansions onto your pledge. These new tiers have the same international shipping rates as before.

Every pledge including the Millennium Blades base game ($80 and over) includes both of these mini-expansion stretch goals at no additional cost! (Note: The tier descriptions can't be changed once the project starts, so they will not display this update)

If you're not sure you could also get the $66 pledge, which is explicitly the expansion and all five minis, and pick up the base game elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lynch
Japan
Nerima-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm a little confused about this. You guys make it sound as if it's still possible to pledge on KS bundles via L99's website, but when I go there all I see are the option to buy all the items individually. I'd like to get the expansion and all the mini-expansions but if I add them all it costs $100 + shipping, which is a lot more than the $66 that was offered on KS. Am I missing something or is it just too late? I already have the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the late pledge bundles are no longer listed in the online store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lynch
Japan
Nerima-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah, damn. I sent an email to L99 but it looks like i'll have to either pay the higher price or wait for the expansions to hit stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.