Popular Tags: [View All]
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The puzzles are supposed to trigger when finished. I finished a lock puzzle and nothing happened, couldn't exit out of puzzle and had to abandon progress on the game. My take away, save your progress.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Running app from steam on Windows 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the app is still in early access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pullen

Amarillo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe another case of FFG pay-to-play beta?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
Perhaps the app is still in early access.

Since it requires a $100 purchase for the board game, there's no reason for an "alpha", "beta", or "early access" excuse to be accepted. If it wasn't ready, they shouldn't have sold it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Baltimore
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colemunrochitty wrote:
The puzzles are supposed to trigger when finished. I finished a lock puzzle and nothing happened, couldn't exit out of puzzle and had to abandon progress on the game. My take away, save your progress.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Running app from steam on Windows 10.

I am running the app from Steam but I'm on Windows 7. I have not had a single freeze/bug experience yet, so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Baltimore
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG updated app:

1.0.1 - Released
AUGUST 5 - FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES
-Fixed locking issue with Cycle of Eternity boss.
-Fixed locking issue with Innsmouth mob.
-Fixed crash bug in Shattered Bonds.
-Fixed message log issue displaying test results incorrectly.
-Fixed mislabeled tile in Cycle of Eternity.
-Various typos and message layout adjustments.

Please note: We have detected various issues with saved games. We recommend trying to play a scenario in a single session if possible.

From Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/478980/announcements/detail/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
discovered that progress saves automatically. Went back in and my game was fully saved. Also had another 'freeze'incident where none of the search tokens would trigger by clicking on them, just restarted the app and they worked fine. That probably would have worked for my previous freeze also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colemunrochitty wrote:
discovered that progress saves automatically. Went back in and my game was fully saved. Also had another 'freeze'incident where none of the search tokens would trigger by clicking on them, just restarted the app and they worked fine. That probably would have worked for my previous freeze also.

It auto saves? that's some great news with the kinks it has right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Fuqua
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had a glitch happen while playing the second scenario which caused us to stop playing about an hour and half in. I was disappointed to not be able to finish but not angry. Glitches squeeze through. Maybe they didn't test enough or maybe the glitches are specific to certain circumstances which typically need a larger pool of users to discover. FFG had an update in hopes to fix the glitches within 24 hours of the board game's release which is fine with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mine freezes in the same spot each time, whether I load the save game or not.

Very frustrating, as unlike a normal boardgame, I have to now abandon my game an hour in just because their app has a bug.

It sours the whole experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.