Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: extinguish fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste M
msg tools
Dunno if anyone got this right, but this is what i believe is true:

I posted it even on the files under the action spreadsheet memo:

to get rid of fire:

Test investigator agility. For each success result he rolls, he may
discard one Fire token from his space or a space he moves into if he
moves as part of his second action or later in the round.

So don't discard a fire token from adiacent spaces.

I think if you obtain 3 success u can extinguish 3 fires as you go in the path from where you are to where you are leaded.

is right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fire extinguisher is a heavy weapon for use in Attacking. It deals 2 damage upon success. To put out fires, spend an action and discard fire in your space and all adjacent spaces.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefano1234 wrote:
Dunno if anyone got this right, but this is what i believe is true:

I posted it even on the files under the action spreadsheet memo:

to get rid of fire:

Test investigator agility. For each success result he rolls, he may
discard one Fire token from his space or a space he moves into if he
moves as part of his second action or later in the round.

So don't discard a fire token from adiacent spaces.

I think if you obtain 3 success u can extinguish 3 fires as you go in the path from where you are to where you are leaded.

is right?


Yes, but remember that it takes one action to extinguish, and another to move. So unless you are Rita, you probably can't move three spaces after making the Agility test.

However, as was pointed out in another thread, the extinguish roll successes are good for the rest of the round. So if you are forced to move into a space containing Fire by a monster or mythos effect, you can "spend" any unused extinguish successes then to extinguish fires in spaces you move into. When the mythos phase ends, you forfeit any remaining extinguish successes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
colemunrochitty wrote:
Fire extinguisher is a heavy weapon for use in Attacking. It deals 2 damage upon success. To put out fires, spend an action and discard fire in your space and all adjacent spaces.


It's possible to extinguish fires without the item. Check page 16 of the How to Play book.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jlhorner1974 wrote:
Yes, but remember that it takes one action to extinguish, and another to move. So unless you are Rita, you probably can't move three spaces after making the Agility test.


I believe the intention with the suggested "3 fires" that could be extinguished with 3 successes was to extinguish the fire in the current space, and then move 2 spaces wit the 2nd action & extinguish 2 more fires in those spaces (rather than moving 3 spaces).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morgan
United Kingdom
Grays
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
jlhorner1974 wrote:
Yes, but remember that it takes one action to extinguish, and another to move. So unless you are Rita, you probably can't move three spaces after making the Agility test.


I believe the intention with the suggested "3 fires" that could be extinguished with 3 successes was to extinguish the fire in the current space, and then move 2 spaces wit the 2nd action & extinguish 2 more fires in those spaces (rather than moving 3 spaces).


How can you move 2 spaces with one action?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveMorgan wrote:
Pudsy wrote:
jlhorner1974 wrote:
Yes, but remember that it takes one action to extinguish, and another to move. So unless you are Rita, you probably can't move three spaces after making the Agility test.


I believe the intention with the suggested "3 fires" that could be extinguished with 3 successes was to extinguish the fire in the current space, and then move 2 spaces wit the 2nd action & extinguish 2 more fires in those spaces (rather than moving 3 spaces).


How can you move 2 spaces with one action?


By taking the move action. Which let's you move up to two spaces
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste M
msg tools
Pudsy wrote:
jlhorner1974 wrote:
Yes, but remember that it takes one action to extinguish, and another to move. So unless you are Rita, you probably can't move three spaces after making the Agility test.


I believe the intention with the suggested "3 fires" that could be extinguished with 3 successes was to extinguish the fire in the current space, and then move 2 spaces wit the 2nd action & extinguish 2 more fires in those spaces (rather than moving 3 spaces).


That's correct. Bold is what I meant. From what I see a lot of ppl get the fire extinguish action wrong. Because misinterpreted the rules.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron heil
United States
BALTIMORE
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but you would still take the damage from moving into the space on fire.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vulpes484 wrote:
Yes but you would still take the damage from moving into the space on fire.


Rules Reference, pg. 9 wrote:
Fire
...
For each success result he rolls, he may discard Fire from his space or a space he moves into later during this round.
> Fire discarded by this effect does not cause the investigator to suffer damage.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Tegg
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If an investigator moves into a space containing Fire, he suffers one facedown damage.

This definitely doesn't include moving into a fire to spend one of your extinguishing successes, does it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agent of Cthulhu wrote:
If an investigator moves into a space containing Fire, he suffers one facedown damage.

This definitely doesn't include moving into a fire to spend one of your extinguishing successes, does it?

That's correct. The bit I quoted in my post immediately above specifies that "fire discarded by this effect does not cause the investigator to suffer damage".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's quite a nicely worded rule, actually. It stops you taking damage from performing an action other than the move action when there is fire in your space. It also stops you suffering damage from moving into a fire space when you have additional successes to spend as pudsy showed.

It also means that if you attempt to extinguish fire while in a space with fire and fail to get any successes that you will take the damage for performing an action other than move, though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Tegg
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
Agent of Cthulhu wrote:
If an investigator moves into a space containing Fire, he suffers one facedown damage.

This definitely doesn't include moving into a fire to spend one of your extinguishing successes, does it?

That's correct. The bit I quoted in my post immediately above specifies that "fire discarded by this effect does not cause the investigator to suffer damage".


Thanks! Just double checking.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.