5 Posts

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » News

Subject: Villians and dark arts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
http://usaopoly.com/blog/harry-potter-hogwarts-battle-deck-b...

Okay, so there is some mechanic there. It's simple but could be pretty fun. It doesn't sound like the first year will be very hard, nor the 2nd or 3rd, but by year 6 it will probably get pretty tough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Prasuhn
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to pick this up here at Gencon. Have only played the first two books, but so far I'm very happy with it. So far it's just a basic deckbuilder, but in the next two books, more mechanics are added. The production is very good and so fast I really like the game play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
Does your deck keep building throughout the books or do you start from scratch each time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Prasuhn
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've seen with the first three games you just add cards. So for instance after you beat game 1, you take the game 2 cards and add them to the game 1 cards. After beating game 2 you add in game 3 the same way.
For the first two game the rules are the same, game two just adds a different location, new villains and new cards to Hogwarts Deck. Game 3 keeps the same mechanics but makes it a little harder by making you have to defeat multiple villains at the same time. I haven't played game 4 yet but I know it adds in dice, which work in a really interesting way. After talking to some other people who played game four it sounds like there are a number of new and interesting mechanics added at this stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Johansen
msg tools
NinjaGigolo wrote:
Does your deck keep building throughout the books or do you start from scratch each time?
You start from scratch each time. The main deck adds cards, but you start the game with your 10-card starter deck, at least through Game 5. I haven't played 6 or 7 yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.