Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony C
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One hobby my girlfriend and I quite enjoy together is gaming - she's been to game nights and cons with me, and we enjoy playing Pandemic Legacy or Lords of Waterdeep on a Sunday afternoon, or some lighter game with my son as well. In fact one of our first 'sparks' was playing a party game together at a game night I hosted, and one of the best parties we've had was a family-friendly game night. It's something very special that we share and that I'm thankful for.

I have no idea where the idea for this card came from in the design process, but let's just say the timing of its arrival was fortuitous. Last Sunday after doing some chores and before heading out to do some errands, I asked my girlfriend for a break, let's play a quick game before we went out.

We played Garbage Day. We had quite a few cards on the trash and it was getting scary, one collapse would do it. And the nervous shaking of my hands didn't help. She kept playing mischief cards on me so I had to get her back. I stood up to get a better view of the trash can, moved around to the side of the table, then said "No, I'll play a mischief." I played the card on her and as she read the card, I got on my knee next to her. I did follow the card up with the verbal version of the question, because there's still such a thing as tradition. Anyway, spoiler, she said yes. (She later said, "Garbage Day? Really?" but in a good way.)

Then we went out to get the actual ring, because the card version is tough to wear.

We did not finish the game - there will definitely be a rematch with my girlfriend fiancee in the near future.

The card is now out of the game - it is on her mantel in the corner of a picture of us.

So happy to be partnered with her for games in life and the Game of Life (not the one with the crappy spinner.) And it was neat to be able to ask in a way that is very "us". Again, I'm not sure what the genesis of the card was, but I put it to good use!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.