Subject: Deck Building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Habbermas
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of leveling up but I wonder if this will diminish deck building. Obviously it's possible the game is designed for both, but dies anyone know if deck building will be light or robust?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds to me like deck building will be lighter than what I'm used to from Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game, but still something. Comparable to Netrunner or LoTR? I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Deck Building?
@Zuthas: You may want to add a question mark to this thread's title.

(Ok, that out of the way...)

Just a more specific follow-up to the original poster's query:
(a) what's the typical card count in an investigator's deck, and
(b) what's the max occurrence count (i.e., 2x or 3x) of any particular card in such a deck?

(Those of you who've attended GenCon and have participated in the demo may have this info handy.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently each investigator we see can essentially use 2 classes and neutral to make a deck. Obviously not a lot in the core set, but still deck building is still pretty relevent, especially since you have to think about the icons on the cards in addition to their effects.

Later investigators could also even use 3 or more classes but be more limited in other ways. With the deckbuilding restrictions on the characters themselves it opens a lot of cool posibilities for the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
It sounds to me like deck building will be lighter than what I'm used to from Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game, but still something. Comparable to Netrunner or LoTR? I don't know.

Technically that's "deck construction". "Deck building" generally refers to the game mechanic now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Heitz
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I scanned the rule book at the demo station. I can 100% confirm that you're limited to two copies of each card when deck building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rahlan wrote:
I scanned the rule book at the demo station. I can 100% confirm that you're limited to two copies of each card when deck building.

Thanks for the info. Good to hear it is confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Kalinowski
Poland
Krakow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rahlan wrote:

Can you post the scan somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kalina123 wrote:
Rahlan wrote:

I'm assuming that "scanning" means scanned through reading, not scanned onto a digital device. Of course a scanned through reading might miss important stuff, so with the 100% accuracy guarantee on this, maybe it is a digital scan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
kalina123 wrote:
Rahlan wrote:

I'm assuming that "scanning" means scanned through reading, not scanned onto a digital device. Of course a scanned through reading might miss important stuff, so with the 100% accuracy guarantee on this, maybe it is a digital scan

Rules aren't out yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has said two copies in a deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Heitz
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kalina123 wrote:
Rahlan wrote:

I just meant that I looked at the book sitting on the demo table. I don't actually have a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The investigator determines what class and level cards you can put in your deck, and how many.
I'm guessing that the campaign will have specific instructions regarding how many "pips" you get to use, which will increase with experience gained during the campaign.
If you play an adventure as a standalone, it could also have a pip number to reflect that you should have about that if you reached that point in a campaign. Just guessing though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Seu L'eaux
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm betting (and hoping) that the rules are posted by FFG within two weeks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HanOfCards wrote:
I'm betting (and hoping) that the rules are posted by FFG within two weeks

With the game not coming out for months?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most likely we will get an article on each phase of the game, so the investator actions, the combat, and the mythos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.