Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is the reprint the new Kickstarter? Is is a seperate thing? If yes, what's the Kickstarter?

Any info on the new expansions (not reprints)? The lantern festival as well?

The new games he's creating? I'm sure one of you cool spies will ask that.

Lucky to those who can meet him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given Gencon I feel it's appropriate to resurrect this thread. Anyone who's going; are you willing to field questions to Adam from those of us less fortunate? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A question i would ask is in what new expansions will Anna work with? It appears to me that the expansions that she has a hand in are always the best ones....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
eduguima wrote:
A question i would ask is in what new expansions will Anna work with? It appears to me that the expansions that she has a hand in are always the best ones....

That will be found in the booklet and be of public domain soon enough.
I like Anna's designs, she is usually more complete in what she designs, although she leans a bit on the easy side.

Taking as good this info here (because I cannot check now and I only remember Anna for FK and Gorm) https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1721747/want-know-who-monst..., I'd say that we have a very variegate record (read the couple replies after the OP to get full info).

My best rated expansion is DBK, and that is Zach Barash. Sunstalker, Dragon King and Gorm are all close seconds, and are done by Anna, Zach Barash and Adam.

All the others (I include Spidicules because I like it), except maybe Lonely Tree and Flower Knight, are on the "very very good" side.

Lonely Tree and Flower Knight are currently on the bad side, although being a lot likable, for different reasons:
- Flower Knight is a nice Showdown with extremely good gear and events that makes the game a joke. Seriously, three Vespertine Bows and an Acanthus Doctor are something that can destroy a L1 Lion God without almost thinking or preparing (okay, you have to think a bit because some reactions will get you anyway), and that is gamebreaking in my book. Sleeping Virus Flower and the resource that gives you free population are icing on the icing of the cake.
- Lonely Tree is a great showdown that has really interesting mechanics, both in fighting and getting to it, that is plagued by being extremely bug-ridden (you have to interpret a lot the rules to come across the bug in the spelling) and has a steep cost to activate the showdown for comparably bad rewards. It adds the wrong stuff in the right way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I love KDM design team, the above is not a post to destroy all the good work they did. I am just pointing out that Anna is absolutely a good designer, among other good designers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Flower Knight can have the itens problem, but the fight im my opinion is very imaginative and fun, so i consider a good expansion, if you don't abuse of the itens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alessio,

public knowledge = general information
public domain = no intellectual ownership rights

Also, I'd agree on the FK, I'm really hoping the seeming changes from the woods or [update/one of the general expansions, IIRC one mentioned another card or two] will make it appropriately difficult, since I like everything about it except that it makes stuff easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok Nick, I often misuse the term because there is a very similar term in Italian and I am a bit sleepless lately
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While we are on the topic of FK, ask Poots if he is making good on his threatpromise to add more harder cards in the Gamblers Chest. I'm down for buffing encounters like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Ok Nick, I often misuse the term because there is a very similar term in Italian and I am a bit sleepless lately
Sure, I assumed English was your second language, just trying to help since they're pretty similar phrases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'd like to know if there are other Kingdom Death (non-monster) projects being worked on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malkaven wrote:
I'd like to know if there are other Kingdom Death (non-monster) projects being worked on.

You mean like the lovely non-Monster Heroes pinups that have been steadily trickling out? Or something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Taylor
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrauGeist wrote:
Or something else?

Probably referring to Kingdom Death: Heroes, the rumored dungeon crawl(?) game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I'd love to ask him who will be the monster programmers for each of the new monsters, or if this is as yet unsettled, if he will release that info as it becomes available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would ask too if there's any plan to use the Hero class miniatures in the monster game or in any future game. I would love to see The Necromancer or the Samurai with game rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! I forgot: I've got an actual rules question! If I were able to ask only one question, I think this is the most influential rules ambiguity I can think of. I'd be grateful if anyone can ask him:

How are you supposed to add expansion content? Do you…
1- add it as soon as you've sorted the cards (so it always modifies random decks, once you have the expansion)?
2- add it as soon as you've decided you're going to face it (so your campaign will start modified, even before the monster shows up)
3- add it as soon as you've had a story event (so, when you've interacted with it in any way, you get it)?

RAW seems 1, but there are some weird interactions that seem to assume the monster should be present... and then there's the Dragon King Innovations, that are really easy to abuse outside of the campaign, but there's nothing that seems different about their availability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems definitely 1. I always did that, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we've played it, but a whole settlement starting with
Spoiler (click to reveal)
+3 acc, +4 str, +1 ev, pristine, or less-epic stats but a different mastery
from combining the Dragon King with regular games feels really cheesy, and having all the innovation trees just floods the deck, so I wanted to be sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it's 2. If you have an expansion in your game you play with it's cards from beginning.

But I would never use Dragon King's Fighting Arts unless I decided Dragon King to be a part of my campaign.

If I drew a card like that I would draw another one until I hit one that is from core or expansions I use this campaign

So yeah... everyone plays differently it would seem. I never even thought you can do 1 or 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you not let the DK fighting arts in? I don't remember them being particularly cheesy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.