Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » British Columbia

Subject: Looking for a gaming group (Delta, BC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre De Villiers
msg tools
Hey folks, I'm pretty new to the Geek but as the title says I'm looking for some kind of gaming group in the Delta, 72nd/Scott Road area. There arn't any major game stores around here besides Craving for a Game at Surrey Central and I'm not super fond of their crowd for very specific reasons.

I'm up for the old board and card games, but also I dabble in Pathfinder for the tabletop persons.
Does anyone have any suggestions or can point me in the right direction?

-LF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miz Moto
Canada
Delta
B. C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I live close by and am always up for more board games, but since I don't know of any group openings nearby, a possibility might be to form a new group. I'd be interested in this.

ANYONE CLOSE TO THE N.D. AREA WANT TO FORM A NEW GAME GROUP?

There are also regular meet-ups at Board Game Warriors in New West on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday as an alternative. Might be a good place to draft interested people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Head
msg tools
I am in surrey. May be interested in a group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ryan harrington
msg tools
I'm also new to the North Delta area and have been trying to find others interested in playing games. I'd be down for joining a gaming group. I'm in the Delsom Community at Nordel and 84th Ave.
-Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre De Villiers
msg tools
Me and a couple of mates are having a get together this Friday (Aug 19th) at 6:00pm next to the Strawberry Hills Library. Message me if you are interested and I can give you more details (address/games/etc.).

-LF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ryan harrington
msg tools
I'm away this Friday, but maybe post again next time you're playing and I'll join if I'm free

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Metro Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
thescurve wrote:
I'm also new to the North Delta area and have been trying to find others interested in playing games. I'd be down for joining a gaming group. I'm in the Delsom Community at Nordel and 84th Ave.
-Ryan

Aren't Nordel and 84th parallel? Or do you mean where 84th curves?

I host a weekly games' night at my house in ND with a particularly idiosyncratic group of people. I'm definitely open to inviting new people, but I'd probably want to meet them first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Head
msg tools
What games do you guys usually play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre De Villiers
msg tools
I'm all over making/joining a new group, but what do you mean specifically by idiosyncratic? (AP prone, super aggressive or competitive, alpha gamer, hygiene issues etc. etc.) Not super keen on getting together with difficult to deal with folk, I'm just there for the games and some fun.

-LK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Metro Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
bhead31 wrote:
What games do you guys usually play

Quite a mix, but medium and heavy Euros mostly. For example, last week we were playing Viceroy, Terra Mystica, Kemet, and Castles of Mad King Ludwig. The week before it was Roll for the Galaxy, Core Worlds, Mysterium, and 7 Wonders. Before that was Eldritch Horror, Tribune: Primus Inter Pares, and Glory to Rome. You get the idea.

LittleForest wrote:
I'm all over making/joining a new group, but what do you mean specifically by idiosyncratic? (AP prone, super aggressive or competitive, alpha gamer, hygiene issues etc. etc.) Not super keen on getting together with difficult to deal with folk, I'm just there for the games and some fun.

Sorry, I realize now that that phrase could be misunderstood. No hygiene issues, no super aggressive/competitive people, maybe a bit of AP when the game is tough. Perhaps I meant 'idiosyncratic' insofar as they are not typical smelly gamers. Most of us know each other quite well (we all go to the same parish church). Although everyone is friendly, I suppose some people could be uncomfortable about being the odd man out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McKee
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadawn wrote:
I live close by and am always up for more board games, but since I don't know of any group openings nearby, a possibility might be to form a new group. I'd be interested in this.

ANYONE CLOSE TO THE N.D. AREA WANT TO FORM A NEW GAME GROUP?

There are also regular meet-ups at Board Game Warriors in New West on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday as an alternative. Might be a good place to draft interested people.

I’m in Richmond but have no problem driving, would be interested in another game group

Interested in both euros and ameritrash, medium to heavy. The only thing I’m not much interested in are the party type games.

Would just depend when it was scheduled

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre De Villiers
msg tools
I'm near 72nd and Scott Road, like I said before I have a game night this Friday evening if you are interested (I have three people confirmed so far). PM me if you want in.

-LF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miz Moto
Canada
Delta
B. C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks like lots of interest. I am away this weekend but am very interested in this potential group so please keep us all posted with new dates and times. I am located near Sungod Arena and can possibly accommodate a games night. Looking forward to meeting some of you in future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Head
msg tools
Sent a PM. I would be interested in tomorrow. I can bring anything I have listed as owned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre De Villiers
msg tools
Thanks for the interest gents, I will definitely post again when we schedule another game night. Typically we are about a once a month group, but by all means that can change.

-LF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McKee
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
will keep an eye out for the next one, tonight didn't work for me so I didn't send you a pm, but would be interested in future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.meetup.com/FunandGamesDelta/

This just opened and are looking for players...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.