GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,232 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Oceanos» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 player drafting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Popov Victor
msg tools
hello! i have a question regarding the 2 player drafting mechanism. say it's the 3rd round and the first turn of that round. i have 3 periscopes, and my opponent has 1. i draw 4 cards, my opponent draws 2. i keep 1 card and give my opponent 3, he keeps 1 card and gives me 1 card. now, at the start of the second turn, i have 1 card in my hand and i draw another 3 cards so that i have 4 in my hand (because i have 3 periscopes), but my opponent has 3 cards in his hand and he has only 1 periscope. is he forced to burn a card to the discard pile so that he has 2 in his hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I understand it is that your cockpit level only determines your minimum number of cards you can see. So, no he doesn't have to burn any.

This is confirmed with 3-5 player version in that the Expedition Leader doesn't have to burn when he can receive 10+ cards if multiple people have upgraded cockpits and don't use their fuel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Vargo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that when you pass cards in the 2 player variant, you have the option to burn/discard a card before passing them to your opponent. But otherwise, your description is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Stephen, when you say his description is correct, are you saying the p!ayer does have to burn a card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Associate Marketing Manager
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a "may" action. You can choose whether or not to burn the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So just confirm that if the player only has 1 periscope and is entitled to 2 cards, they can keep all 3 cards if I give them that many. I understand that if they have less than 2 cards they draw to get to 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Associate Marketing Manager
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct! The periscope number is just a minimum number of cards you get to see. If players hand you more cards, then all the better for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.