Hide
7 Posts

Oceanos» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 player drafting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Popov Victor
msg tools
hello! i have a question regarding the 2 player drafting mechanism. say it's the 3rd round and the first turn of that round. i have 3 periscopes, and my opponent has 1. i draw 4 cards, my opponent draws 2. i keep 1 card and give my opponent 3, he keeps 1 card and gives me 1 card. now, at the start of the second turn, i have 1 card in my hand and i draw another 3 cards so that i have 4 in my hand (because i have 3 periscopes), but my opponent has 3 cards in his hand and he has only 1 periscope. is he forced to burn a card to the discard pile so that he has 2 in his hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I understand it is that your cockpit level only determines your minimum number of cards you can see. So, no he doesn't have to burn any.

This is confirmed with 3-5 player version in that the Expedition Leader doesn't have to burn when he can receive 10+ cards if multiple people have upgraded cockpits and don't use their fuel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Vargo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that when you pass cards in the 2 player variant, you have the option to burn/discard a card before passing them to your opponent. But otherwise, your description is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Stephen, when you say his description is correct, are you saying the p!ayer does have to burn a card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a "may" action. You can choose whether or not to burn the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So just confirm that if the player only has 1 periscope and is entitled to 2 cards, they can keep all 3 cards if I give them that many. I understand that if they have less than 2 cards they draw to get to 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct! The periscope number is just a minimum number of cards you get to see. If players hand you more cards, then all the better for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.