Subject: Sequence puzzles... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe H.
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Holy hell these puzzles have ALWAYS stumped me. I'm usually pretty good at most puzzles but for some reason this particular type just...baffles me. I can't wrap my head around it for some reason. Anyone have any tips or guides or whatever on how to solve these things? I ended up messing up really hard because i spent 6 turns straight, with 3 investigators just being frustrated going I DUNNO HOW TO DO THIS. :< I am not a smart person, apparently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
The sequence puzzle is identical to the classic game Mastermind, and I just tried googling "Mastermind Tips" and found a vast number of articles with hints and helps on solving methods. Take a gander at some of these, probaby you can boost your sequence solving skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what we do:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
IMO, one of the best things to do is to first find out how many of each colour/number appear in the sequence. So (using numbers for a 5-digit sequence), your first move should be:

Find out how many 1s are in the code, then move on to 2s, keeping the number of correct 1s. So if there were two 1s, your next move should be:

And so on. From this you can start to narrow down the correct sequence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Grimsby

Manassas
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmb
Will Mansions use multiples of the same color/number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grey Fox
Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
reapinwombat wrote:
Will Mansions use multiples of the same color/number?

It will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.