Nicolò Anesa
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, I would like to have a feedback by the community.
With my friends I usually play the 4 player variant, accordingly to the 2nd edition rules.
Beside some games, where the Baratheon easily took the crown, we had pretty balanced game overall (the expertise of the players are really different).

But of course we noticed too that Baratheon and Lannister can have a too easy game, conquering the south. So we applied in the last game just this variant on the official rules:
-even vs neutral army, the player should use the house cards. Basically, the attacker pick normally his own card, and the other players pick a card from house martell or tyrell cards, accordingly to the disputed territory.
-high garden and sun's spear inpassable

What do you think? The first game turned out pretty well.

Cheers,
Nicolò

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I highly recommend Roftie's excellent 4 and 5-player overlays:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/87242/4-and-5-player-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Convy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
If you're playing 4 players, use the Feast for Crows expansion. It's a lot more balanced and makes each game feel slightly different due to the objective cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.