Guy H
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: if you are down to one card and only have a combat modifier in your hand (say, a +2 STR to be added after everyone has revealed their cards), can you still play this in a battle, or can it only ever be played after you have already another combat card (or indeed a different "null score" card in combat)?

Presumably you have to play this solitary card whether you want to or not as you HAVE to play a card in combat if you have one don't you? But I wasn't sure if it could count as a Battle card on its own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It counts as a normal battle card with 2 str...
It has an added bonus of allowing to add it after the battle cards are revealed but that doesn't stop you from playing it like a regular battle card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can always play that card as your first card if you want to.
You must play it if it is your only card, you have to play a card if you have one. Even if your only card is a quest card, you have to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy H
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toddpark75 wrote:
You must play it if it is your only card, you have to play a card if you have one. Even if your only card is a quest card, you have to play it.

I know you can play it as the first card - the question was: does it still count as a valid combat card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nguyen
msg tools
mbmb
guyblin wrote:
toddpark75 wrote:

I know you can play it as the first card - the question was: does it still count as a valid combat card?

Yeah what makes you think otherwise? It's a red battle card. What rule tells you otherwise that would make it into a non-combat card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guyblin wrote:
toddpark75 wrote:

It is a combat card. It has a strenght value. Why would it not count?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy H
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My initial confusion was due to the there being a special box in the rulebook about it saying they can be used to increase STR after cards have been revealed.

However, I miseed the bit in parenthesis saying (they can also be played normally).

So actually the rulebook covers it with that sentence!

Oops! ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.