$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://mic.com/articles/150640/donald-trump-donations-how-t...

Yes folks Donald Trump, the man who wants to stop you from not giving him money.

To be fair this is almost certainly just cheapness and incompetence, and not chicanery. But why should we not judge Donny by the same standards as Hillary and assume criminality when incompetence is equally valid an answer?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
But why should we not judge Donny by the same standards as Hillary and assume criminality when incompetence is equally valid an answer?


This wont really gain any traction in the media as any mention of it will invoke Hillary giving secrets to the Russians via her home server.

Even you can see the difference.

So move along, nothing to see here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
But why should we not judge Donny by the same standards as Hillary and assume criminality when incompetence is equally valid an answer?


This wont really gain any traction in the media as any mention of it will invoke Hillary giving secrets to the Russians via her home server.

Even you can see the difference.

So move along, nothing to see here.
Would these be the secrets Trump thought it was a good thing Putin leaked, or others?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
But why should we not judge Donny by the same standards as Hillary and assume criminality when incompetence is equally valid an answer?


This wont really gain any traction in the media as any mention of it will invoke Hillary giving secrets to the Russians via her home server.

Even you can see the difference.

So move along, nothing to see here.


It takes an interesting "logical" process to connect the inability to stop automatic credit card payments to Trump with the "giving away secrets" meme.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
But why should we not judge Donny by the same standards as Hillary and assume criminality when incompetence is equally valid an answer?


This wont really gain any traction in the media as any mention of it will invoke Hillary giving secrets to the Russians via her home server.

Even you can see the difference.

So move along, nothing to see here.


It takes an interesting "logical" process to connect the inability to stop automatic credit card payments to Trump with the "giving away secrets" meme.

Not really, both entail not knowing how to use computers, and making mistakes because if it.

Seems to me that whilst the outcome might be different the reason is the same.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Trump is a repeat felony offender and likely will be locked up before the end of the month.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess Who Else Donald Trump Stiffed?


Guess who else Donald Trump stiffed?


> Excerpts from the July 26, 2016 Time magazine article by Melissa Chan entitled:

Dad Behind Pro-Donald Trump "USA Freedom Kids" Plans to Sue Trump Campaign




The father behind the pro-Donald Trump girl group, “USA Freedom Kids,” which went viral after a performance during a Florida rally earlier this year, now plans to sue the Republican presidential hopeful, he said Tuesday.

Jeff Popick, who manages the Florida-based singing group and wrote a song about Trump’s ability to crush America’s enemies, has consulted with an attorney to file a lawsuit against the Trump campaign for violating its agreement with the group. Popick, whose daughter Alexis leads the group, claims the campaign made promises to the group in exchange for their performances, including a booth at a rally to promote the girls’ albums, which never materialized. (He'd originally asked for $2,500.00 to cover travel expenses and hotel stay. The Trump campaign instead offered to set up a table where the girls could sell the girls' albums at the event -- but the campaign reneged.)


Jeff Popick, manager of The Freedom Girls troupe

“There's not only a legal issue here but also a morality issue,” Popick told TIME magazine on Tuesday. “It’s important that I, as a role model for the group, hold the Trump campaign's feet to the fire.”

His song, which the girls performed in January during a show that became an internet sensation, was inspired by the real estate mogul’s “great heart and brilliant mind,” the manager said at the time.

“Apologies for freedom — I can’t handle this! / When freedom rings, answer the call!” the girls sang while dancing around in flag-colored outfits. “On your feet, stand up tall! / Freedom’s on our shoulders, USA! / Enemies of Freedom, face the music! / Come on boys, take them down!” they continued. “President Donald Trump knows how to make America great / Deal from strength or get crushed every time.”

Popick said the “USA Freedom Kids” in January were promised a booth at the Pensacola, Florida rally during their break-through performance to pre-sell their album. When they got to the rally, there was no booth for them. “That never materialized,” he said. “We did, but they didn’t.”

The campaign then asked the girls to perform during a campaign event in Des Moines, Iowa. Popick said he paid out-of-pocket for the traveling expenses, but when the group arrived, the girls were told they weren’t going to perform. “We got to Des Moines and their plan quote-unquote changed and we were told to just sit in the audience,” he said.

Trump’s campaign did not immediately return a request for comment.

Now, after his experience with the Trump campaign, Popick said he is questioning whether he still believes in his lyrics. “I’m very saddened by it,” he said. “I’m not really sure what to think. The fact that what he’s done to my group, or lack thereof, doesn’t necessarily mean he wouldn’t be the right guy for president. I don’t know. Maybe I’m not the right person to make political commentary.”

The 54-year-old businessman and group manager has not yet decided how much to sue the campaign for, but said that he would not demand “billions of dollars.”

“I’ve asked and asked them for many months to make it right, and they haven’t, and if that means going the legal route, then so be it,” Popick said.


___________________________________________________



> Excerpt from the August 5, 2016 Entertainment Weekly news story by Christian Holub entitled:

Stephen Colbert Parodies Donald Trump Dancers With "USA Freedom Grown-Ups"




The USA Freedom Girls, who once danced and sang at a Donald Trump campaign rally in American flag outfits, are the latest former Trump employees to sue the candidate for unpaid work. In response, Stephen Colbert brought out a cadre of “USA Freedom Grown-Ups” to sing a song blasting Trump for cheating young girls.

Colbert said that he wanted to use adult dancers because “I don’t believe children should be involved in the dirty work of politics.”

It’s a good thing he did too, because his parody song did not pull punches.

“Don’t be such a douche / Pay your I-O-Youche,” the USA Freedom Grown-Ups sang.

They concluded, “That might be your real hair, / but you’re a fake billionaire; / Pay people what they’ve earned / and release your tax returns, Jerk!”


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
This qualifies as an annoying issue, but that's about all. Many service providers make it difficult for you to cancel a subscription once you've started it. For example, AT&T's online account settings used to lead you through multiple layers of pages before you were informed that you had to call them on the phone in order to cancel service. Once you called, the service rep would go to great lengths to keep you on. You basically had to keep repeating over and over "No. I want to cancel service." before they'd cut the cord - and then you still had to wait a few days before it took effect.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
The right approach is easy: Make an attempt to cancel the service (a phone call), and then you call your credit card company, explaining the situation. Your bank will always side with you on something like this, stop further charges, maybe even removing old ones if you claim they were not authorized.

When Trump's credit card processor starts to see chargebacks and declines for recurring payments, the campaign will have to take them seriously, or face fun fines.

This is not Trump specific BTW: Any time you can't stop a recurring payment, talk to the card issuer first, they will really take your side against the merchant.
4 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.