Subject: Better than Senji I hope! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Description makes the game sound like Senji. Hope it's better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Söderberg
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
I really like senji! The biggest issue I have with it is that you basically have to be six players for the game to be good. But it a pretty light game of course. I like the set collection and the diplomacy with family members that can switch hands.
I hope rising sun will play good for lesser number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kayne Brookes
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
abel_set wrote:
I really like senji! The biggest issue I have with it is that you basically have to be six players for the game to be good. But it a pretty light game of course. I like the set collection and the diplomacy with family members that can switch hands.
I hope rising sun will play good for lesser number of players.

The focus on diplomacy makes me think that 2 player might not be feasible. Which makes me sad. Because I'll buy it anyway and it will sit there looking pretty and not being played by me and my wifecry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3-6 players. I wish there was a 2p variant, but it is what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Gutrix wrote:

Yeah, looks like Eric langs new design philosophy is: minimum 3 player games or nothing at all. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Gabriel85 wrote:
Gutrix wrote:

Yeah, looks like Eric langs new design philosophy is: minimum 3 player games or nothing at all. whistle

What do you consider new? From what I can understand, this game has been in a least some sort of development for several years, I'm sure the 3 player minimum was decided long ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Krushhhhh wrote:
Gabriel85 wrote:
Gutrix wrote:

What do you consider new? From what I can understand, this game has been in a least some sort of development for several years, I'm sure the 3 player minimum was decided long ago.

Just kidding, kind of. Since both bloodborne and Rising sun are games I really really want, but due to the minimum 3 players thing I wont be able to play either game. Just wish he could design games I want for at least 2 players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabriel85 wrote:
Krushhhhh wrote:
Gabriel85 wrote:
Gutrix wrote:

Just kidding, kind of. Since both bloodborne and Rising sun are games I really really want, but due to the minimum 3 players thing I wont be able to play either game. Just wish he could design games I want for at least 2 players

I'm in the same boat. I love some of his designs but the player count is limiting.

Oh well, maybe it'll help the 6-player gamers out a bit, they don't get that much love
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Alliance based games don't work at 2 players, but I guess you can do a variant without alliances. I think the "dishonor" from breaking alliances is an important part of the game, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While we are at it, why don't we complain that it doesn't have a solo option?

Jokes, people, jokes. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the game is for 3-5 players or up to 6????
The biggest issue for senji is that is good only for 6 players.What about rising sun???does it work well with less players??what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
matsas wrote:
The biggest issue for senji is that is good only for 6 players.What about rising sun???does it work well with less players??what do you think?

How could we possibly know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tilouboy wrote:
matsas wrote:

How could we possibly know?
someone who try it in playtesting could say......or they can't say anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Conn
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matsas wrote:

Why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matsas wrote:

Since guesses are all we can do until more information is released, here's my guess:

Guesswork wrote:
The game is currently rated for 3-5 players, but will probably be best with 4+ players; I think the alliance mechanic would be weak at 3 players. There will be a 6-player expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.