$30.00
$15.00
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Dear investigators We are playing second session of the game today, in about 2 hours and I have few questions. I would be very thankful if someone can answer them quite quickly

1. Is attack a test/ If yes, all items which are adding +1 for all test would work yes?

2. Counting range. In the manual we can read that range cannot be counted through doors. So when monster stands on a space adjacent to another one and there are doors between them it cannot move when app says "move one space to the investigator within range" Also, shooting through doors is prohibited ?

3. Barricade - everything is done on map, not app yes? Whenever monster is trying to to through doors which are barricade we need to move him close to the door and make brawl test, if he has 2 or more success he will pass?

4. Starting items are also common items yes?

5. We can shoot through impassable borders yes? What about monster movement? If we are in range but that range can be counted only via impassable border monster will just move in my direction yes?

6. One of the investigator skill "Whenever monster is defeated take one clue" - it's no matter who kill the monster I get one clue? Or I need to kill him?

7. Like above, if we have information on card: discard two faceup damage cards it is referred only to my investigator?

8. We don't have anything in message log in app, is that correct? Maybe 1.01 update fixed that.

9. In the manual we can read: when an investigator , monster or token is moved to a specific space, it is removed from the board and placed in the specified space.

- It does not move through any spaces between its original space and its destination (It moves to the specified space even if doing so would normally require moving through impassable borders, walls, or blocked doors.

That refers to specific app instruction which would for example say "move investigator to hallway" - even if there is no valid path we would need to move him?

Thanks a lot for answering
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
Hello Dear investigators We are playing second session of the game today, in about 2 hours and I have few questions. I would be very thankful if someone can answer them quite quickly

1. Is attack a test/ If yes, all items which are adding +1 for all test would work yes?

2. Counting range. In the manual we can read that range cannot be counted through doors. So when monster stands on a space adjacent to another one and there are doors between them it cannot move when app says "move one space to the investigator within range" Also, shooting through doors is prohibited ?

3. Barricade - everything is done on map, not app yes? Whenever monster is trying to to through doors which are barricade we need to move him close to the door and make brawl test, if he has 2 or more success he will pass?

4. Starting items are also common items yes?

5. We can shoot through impassable borders yes? What about monster movement? If we are in range but that range can be counted only via impassable border monster will just move in my direction yes?

6. One of the investigator skill "Whenever monster is defeated take one clue" - it's no matter who kill the monster I get one clue? Or I need to kill him?

7. Like above, if we have information on card: discard two faceup damage cards it is referred only to my investigator?

8. We don't have anything in message log in app, is that correct? Maybe 1.01 update fixed that.

9. In the manual we can read: when an investigator , monster or token is moved to a specific space, it is removed from the board and placed in the specified space.

- It does not move through any spaces between its original space and its destination (It moves to the specified space even if doing so would normally require moving through impassable borders, walls, or blocked doors.

That refers to specific app instruction which would for example say "move investigator to hallway" - even if there is no valid path we would need to move him?

Thanks a lot for answering

I've abbreviated Rules Reference as RR below.

1) Be careful with the terminology. An Attack and Test are not the same thing, but Attacks often require you to perform a test. Whenever you see a skill icon embedded in parentheses, that is a test. (Damage, Test: RR p. 4, 18). If the attack involves a test, then items grant a bonus to a skill or to tests in general would apply, just as with any other test.

2) Doors block Range, but not movement. (Doors: RR p. 8) Investigators and monsters can move through doors, but you cannot attack or shoot through doors (Range: RR p.15).

For the monster movement, it all depends on how the effect is worded. If the app says "Move 1 space toward the nearest investigator in range", then the monster doesn't move because there are no investigators in range. If the app says "The monster moves to be within range of as many investigators as possible. Then it attacks the investigator with the lowest Agility." In that case, the monster can move through the door and attack.

3) Correct. Everything is done outside of the app. When monster attempts to move through a barricaded door, roll a number of dice equal to its Brawn value (check the reverse side of the monster token -- some monsters gain a bonus to this test). If it rolls two or more successes, it destroys the barrier and continues its movement. If it fails, it stops moving. (Barricades: RR, p.5)

4. Not always. Most are common items, but there could be unique items or spells too. There should be a small icon in the corner of the card that you are shown on the Starting Items screen that matches the card type or the image on the back of that type of card (a leather pouch indicates a common item, a lock indicates a unique item, etc).

5. Impassable borders block movement, not range (Impassible Border: RR, p. 11). So ranged attacks go through them, but neither investigators nor monsters can move through them. If an investigator and a monster are separated by an impassible border, the monster cannot cross it, but the investigators are still subject to Horror checks from it. By the rules, if the app tells you to move a monster closer to the investigator and the only way to do so is through an impassible barrier, the monster can't move.

6. William Yorick's ability, right? Yorick gains the clue anytime a monster is defeated -- it doesn't matter who defeats it.

7. Can you quote the card text for me? Usually, most effects of this type only work for the investigator that owns the card.

8. The message log should contain a record of all in game text messages you see. Getting the update is probably a good idea, as I heard it fixed a number of issues. If the 1.01 update doesn't fix it, you should contact FFG customer service and log a bug report.

9. Yes. When you told to "place" something somewhere, you pick up the investigator, monster, or token from wherever it is and put it on the specified space. It doesn't matter if there is a legal path between its source or destination. Imagine it as disappearing from its old location and reappearing in its new location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Thank you very much for all of those answers If I will find the card text I will write it here, regarding point 7.

one more question - if damage card or anything else tells us to drop 2 random items - we should choose only from common ones, not unique yes ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rules at hand to check, but should be common + unique (spells are unaffected)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
AkitaInu wrote:
one more question - if damage card or anything else tells us to drop 2 random items - we should choose only from common ones, not unique yes ?

No.

Page 11 of the Rules Reference.
Quote:
Items
The word “Items” is a collective term that refers to both Common
Items and Unique Items.

So an "Item" includes both Common and Unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reference, Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.