Memoir '44: Mediterranean Theater» Forums » General

Subject: Western Desert Grand Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stridsvagn S
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've made an effort to compile a grand campaign set in in North Africa.
The rules can be found here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135439/campaign-sheet-wes... (There're campaign sheets both in the rules and as a separate PDF).

I've picked a fraction of all the marvelous scenarios from Scenarios from the front. None of the scenarios in this grand campaign are written by me, although I've modified a few.

This grand campaign doesn't follow the normal campaign rules. It is the total victory points of the campaign that decide which way to take after a finished scenario, not the result of a single scenario. Furthermore, there're no reserve tokens but there are still reserves in this campaign.

If you actually play this campaign, please give me feedback. Since I started out with a quite different idea for a campaign I'd really like a discussion about this one.

Also, I'd really, really like an official campaign set in North Africa. Really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stridsvagn S
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In December 1940 Britain launches her offensive, Operation Compass. Britain is overwhelmingly superior at Nibeiwa, Bardia and Tobruk and it seems that Britain will totally break the Italian resistance and maybe forestall any German involvement in the desert war, However, at El Mechili the Italians fight bravely and even the odds slightly.

The Italian Royal Army is even victorious at Beda Fomm and manages slow down the British juggernaut and halt the offensive.

Rommel arrives in North Africa and launches Operation Sonnenblume. However, the very first battle at Marsa el Brega in March is a disaster and the Germans are close to total breakdown. However, at Er Régima Pass the Axis forces win a surprising victory and the German offensive continues.

My good friend and opponent M had a pretty good advantage over me with a Balance of at least 5 throughout Operation Compass up until El Mechili - Action 1, but then it turned in favour of me, the Axis player. Right now, after Er Régima Pass I even have an advantage of 1 point.

It was a close call after Marsa El Brega since M could cancel my entire offensive if he won. However, I managed to save the day and Rommel's offensive continues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.