Subject: Hard Hitting Combat System rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lb
Singapore
Jurong Area
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received this game two days ago and have played it twice so far. In both attempts, I found that I was able to secure the objective parts of my missions, but in both cases, the combat KIA climb was too steep for me to overcome.

I went in with stacks of six troops and a often a leader (as was playing with the campaign rules). I would have one sapper, one scout, and four regular troops (with three combat factors each). I would then run into the regular run of OPFOR troops as spread out through the deck. In both plays, despite average rolling on both sides, the KIA count stayed close to zero (and was often negative). I had a slight advantage for gaining the tactical advantage (because of my leader) and would use air support to the best of my ability. I never seemed to get massively ahead, and neither time, did I ever draw close to the required KIA numbers for the win.

It is only my second attempt so far, so I'll possibly come back with updates later, but for those who have played, have you found it a realistic possibility to do the damage expected of you behind enemy lines?

The 8 and 6 factored IJA patrols are slaughterhouses; when they come up, at least one commando is going down (and often more).

I'm enjoying the game so far, but I'm just not seeing how to reasonably reach a KIA of 8+ while keeping a force intact long enough to reach that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.