Tim Denney
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On occasion I am asked to make coffee.

Sure, no big deal. Glad to help out.

What you should know is I Do Not drink coffee nor am I a barista or coffee sommelier. I do share that with others if asked to make coffee and any further progression is at their own risk.

I understand the basics of making coffee. Ground coffee beans, hot water, a filter, and a pot.
Now that is the limit of me knowing what you want.

Now if you have further guidance on how you prefer your Cup of Joe, leave it below.

Only rule is, if I make it wrong, remember I am just trying to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A cup of instant coffee

A spoon full of coffee
Some hot water
Put the two in a cup and stir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a coffee-drinker and love coffee.......but it has to be good.

My advice? Make it awful......they will never ask you again!!

Seriously, why do you have to make coffee for someone else? Is this at work or at home? If it's at home/for your family, please disregard my advice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Denney
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:

Seriously, why do you have to make coffee for someone else? Is this at work or at home? If it's at home/for your family, please disregard my advice!

I do not mind helping out. If it can help positively impact people, sure I will make it. I am just not promising anything.

I have made coffee at work, home and social gatherings.
Attempting to make coffee at works helps keep some coworkers sane.
When family members ask me to make coffee, I suppose they must really be coming down with an illness.
As for social gatherings, I am not sure why they ask me. LOL.

But I will give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GaMed wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

I do not mind helping out. If it can help positively impact people, sure I will make it. I am just not promising anything.

I have made coffee at work, home and social gatherings.
Attempting to make coffee at works helps keep some coworkers sane.
When family members ask me to make coffee, I suppose they must really be coming down with an illness.
As for social gatherings, I am not sure why they ask me. LOL.

But I will give it a try.

Ok, then. I'll take an espresso, please. mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know how you feel. I mainly drink tea. I like the odd espresso or anericano and know how to prepare a decent one with a Bialetti, but other than some guidelines such as one spoon per cup, that's about it. Sometimes you just need to make coffee for someone and I always feel like I am improvising..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
GaMed wrote:
Now if you have further guidance on how you prefer your Cup of Joe, leave it below.

This is wise, anyway. My wife tells me exactly how many scoops of coffee to exactly how much water she likes. My mother likes her coffee at something like half the strength my wife does, so my wife has trouble waking up when we visit my parents' house. So there's so much variability in what people like that explicit instructions seem preferable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was a young Airman in the USAF back in the early 80s, there was a staff meeting for the higher ups and I was told to go and make coffee for the meeting. I told the Senior Master Sergeant that I don't drink coffee and had no idea how to make it. He then yelled at me to "GO MAKE THE GODDAMNED COFFEE!" So I did. I got out a filter, put it in the machine, and proceeded to fill it completely full with coffee. I turned it on and left. Well... the Senior Master Sergeant took some major crap over the "coffee" and as they say, shit flows down hill. I got royally reamed over it but... I was NEVER asked to make coffee again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
A cup of instant coffee

A spoon full of coffee
Some hot water
Put the two in a cup and stir.

Aways made me laugh that on a jar of coffee, the picture of a cup of coffee has the disclaimer 'Serving Suggestion' below it. It's like they only 'suggest' you serve it in a cup, you are free of course to just pour the granules directly into your mouth along with the boiling water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, are we putting coffee orders in?

I like mine at 9:15am, large, with two creams and no sugar. Oh, and if they have those little pastries, (you know, the ones that Bob in Marketing likes to get) I'll take one of those. Except on Thursdays, because I try to go to the gym on Thursday mornings. Then it's just the large coffee, but no cream. Maybe a nut bar. Those are okay. I'd need to get it by 7:30, though. Thanks!

Wait, you know what? I deserve a fancy drink every once in awhile, so maybe use the caramel flavored creamer on Mondays. Add enough to make it look like the milk after you've eaten a bowl of Cocoa Puffs. And what the heck, throw in a bearclaw, too. Monday can be my "cheat" day.

Who is taking lunch orders? Because THAT one has a few tricks to it, and I'll probably have to explain it twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You want coffee at my house?

You get it the way I like it. Strong and hazelnutty. I have sugar for you, if needed. Milk if it is in the house.

I will grind the beans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there."
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Seattle. Not having decent coffee available to your guests is a cardinal sin.

I use a french press each morning because it's the simplest and I like the oil it leaves in the coffee.

I also have an AeroPress, which is great when I want to make a single cup of coffee and it's hard to mess up. It also takes up very little space and it is cheap. Super easy to clean. A lot of people around here swear by Chemex, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Denney
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the small sample size of responses that have been made, we can see each person has a very different understanding of what is appropriate for coffee.

I am sure if there are more presented, there will continue to be that many more different preferences. (Ta Da!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's usually instructions on the can for how much coffee to use for a given amount of water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy:

Espresso
French press
Filter/instant.

But!!!

those pod machines are not bad at all. They can't take out an espresso but they sure beat anything else. (To be fair i have had some brands that were between press and filter level but they were discount and it was early days) If you regularly have to make people coffee at your place I'd just get one of those. Put in the pod and press a button. Unless you struggle to add milk or sugar to order you can't go wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
My daily at work office routine is.... This

Plus

add 1/4 cup (60ml) of this

Plus 16oz of this

equals this

keep that cream/milk & sugar stuff away from my coffee (sometimes acceptable in a iced coffee) (if iced espresso, condensed milk and sugar ie. "Vietnamese iced coffe" then I'm in heaven)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone else is doing something for me, I take what I get with a smile. If I want it done in a particular way, I'll do it myself.

With coffee, as long as it's hot, I'm good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Strong as an ox, black as the devil, and sweet as a stolen kiss!

That's how coffee should be drunk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Denney
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strong as an Ox, black as the Devil, and as sweet as a kiss.

So you want it sugar, no cream, and a ratio of more coffee to water?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect the host to rule the making of coffee in their home.

At work it was a common courtesy to start up a new pot if you got the last cup.

But I've gotten away from drinking any these days.

Just a humorous memory, I once was mixing up coffee in a cup with sweetener and creamer at a job site snack room. A co-worker said I might as well be drinking sugar water. I asked him what he thought was in the Coca Cola can in his hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Denney
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While we are on the coffee idiosyncrasies; how often do YOU wash your favored coffee containing vessel? (i.e. cup, thermos, pot, and etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coffee is really hot water.

Really hot water kills germs and cleans things.

So, really hot water is in my coffee cup daily.

Therefore, I never have to clean my coffee cup, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of my coffee was consumed from disposable cups.

My bourbon and cola, however, a favorite tumbler has to get pretty nasty looking. Serious germ killing goes in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.