6 Posts

The Pursuit of Happiness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about items/activities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Wang
China
flag msg tools
Once I have upgraded one of my activity card to the highest level, can I repeat this L3 activity to get a corresponding reward?
Once I have bought the most expensive level of an item, can I buy it twice with the same highest level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No to both. You can only go to a higher level, if there is one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wang
China
flag msg tools
Thanks for your answer. It's helpful.

Compared to the items, activities seem much more cost-ineffective, and it's odd that I can not participate in the activities I love for several times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Neff

Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Say you take an activity, let's say visit the aquarium, once in a lifetime and then the card just sits there for the rest of the game; I find this feels odd. Not a complaint, just an observation that activities end up feeling odd compared to the progression felt with all other card types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just set it aside with your completed projects. (You'll want to hang on to them in case they satisfy requirements for goals or partners.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bneffer wrote:
I agree. Say you take an activity, let's say visit the aquarium, once in a lifetime and then the card just sits there for the rest of the game; I find this feels odd. Not a complaint, just an observation that activities end up feeling odd compared to the progression felt with all other card types.
One of the designers -- I think it was Adrian, but I could be wrong -- stated at one point that, while you can certainly (in real life, not game rules) repeat an activity that you've done before, you never get the same thrill that you did that first time. That's modeled in the game by not getting the rewards again for doing the same thing over again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.