Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Alternative to SiMov system? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Lexington
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to play some SPI Desert War solo. Is there an alternative to the SiMov system where you don't have to record moves? I could have sworn I saw something like that at one time.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
Webgrognards has a pdf file for solo Panzer '44 and Mechwar '77.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lexington
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I knew there was something out there goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sommers
United States
Clinton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I played this game solo a while ago (there is a session report, but I didn't discuss how I did it). Instead of writing down plots, I just remembered what each unit was supposed to do. I used colored disks to help my memory: green disks on units intended to move, red on those intended to fire, and black on targets (I had to rely on memory for which unit was shooting at which, but this was no problem). There are few enough units that this was more than adequate, and it moved pretty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McLean
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tms2 wrote:
I played this game solo a while ago (there is a session report, but I didn't discuss how I did it). Instead of writing down plots, I just remembered what each unit was supposed to do. I used colored disks to help my memory: green disks on units intended to move, red on those intended to fire, and black on targets (I had to rely on memory for which unit was shooting at which, but this was no problem). There are few enough units that this was more than adequate, and it moved pretty quickly.

You could always get a black sharpie and a silver sharpie and write corresponding numbers on the red and black disks. Red 1 fires at black 1, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lexington
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tms2 wrote:

Interesting idea, I am using cyberboard to play, I could use some markers with an added text to indicate that. I will have to play around, thanks for the idea, I wouldn't have thought of it. I also read thru your session report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lexington
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did run down an article in S&T#47 called "Combination Play System"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sommers
United States
Clinton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
gocamels wrote:
tms2 wrote:

You could always get a black sharpie and a silver sharpie and write corresponding numbers on the red and black disks. Red 1 fires at black 1, etc.

Not a bad idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.