Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken pictures of most of the cards. I think the only thing I'm missing are the ship upgrades and ship strikes. I'll be posting them below.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrightboy wrote:
Thanks for doing this!

Your welcome. I know I've appreciated it when others have done it. Plus, the previews for this were pretty bad so I thought it would help to show more for those on the fence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Mykkanen
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_rhino wrote:
Wrightboy wrote:
Thanks for doing this!

Your welcome. I know I've appreciated it when others have done it. Plus, the previews for this were pretty bad so I thought it would help to show more for those on the fence.

Thanks so much for doing this! I am one on the fence. I think the previews are pushing me away from buying this. I love the series and the movie, but the fact that the characters look like completely different people between cards bothers me. Mal's and Zoe's cards are examples of what I am talking about. Plus some of them are just really poorly drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The art is better than I thought it was going to be based on the previews. The characters often don't look like the actors from the show, but you can figure out who it's supposed to be without too much trouble (with a couple of exceptions). There are a few cards with an art style I don't much care for, but overall I'm satisfied. The Shiny card is by far the worst card in the set IMO. The Talent card, which I thought looked awful in the preview, is better than I thought it would be.

Ultimately I'm glad I didn't let the artwork stop me from buying the game. Now I just need to finish sleeving it so I can play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Mykkanen
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_rhino wrote:
The art is better than I thought it was going to be based on the previews. The characters often don't look like the actors from the show, but you can figure out who it's supposed to be without too much trouble (with a couple of exceptions).

Yeah. I'd prefer the art looking like the actors, but I'd be ok with different likenesses. What bothers me is the inconsistency between cards of the same character. For instance the Mal avatar looks like a different character than the Mal on timely interruption. Is the difference less pronounced in person?

I'll have to get my eye on the game in person to decide if the art is a deal breaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting these!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmykkanen wrote:
I'd prefer the art looking like the actors, but I'd be ok with different likenesses. What Is the difference less pronounced in person?

No the difference is definitely there. I'm always able to tell who it is, but the various artists interpretations vary quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Klecko
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting these. The art looks incredible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Buerger
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Wow, I preordered this but the art is terrible. Perspectives are all wrong, faces look misproportioned, shadows are wrong. This is amateurish work. Thats sad. I love firefly so I will probably still get it but not happy about that art, though it looks like they did good on the non-human cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for sharing these! Really wanted to see the bulk of the cards to get an overall feel, and this accomplishes that big time.

Sadly this pretty much cements this as a "pass" for me. The avatars look good--I'm actually liking them more and more. But it looks like for the rest of the cards they got the artist who did the Legendary Encounters Alien strike cards and gave him 1/4 of the time to do the artwork. Yikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Jandt
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
And the worst part is that most of them are based on stills from the show.

I understand that there are additional approvals for using likenesses, but it would have been far better than what this turned out to be.

Man and I so wanted to like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the art and it settles me into pre-ordering the game. Then again, I am one of the very few who love all the various artstyles of Dungeon Crawler.

Various visual interpretations of characters and of game universe permit me to be more immersed in the game... YMMV of course, as this point of view seems to be the exception haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacy F
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_rhino wrote:
I've taken pictures of most of the cards. I think the only thing I'm missing are the ship upgrades and ship strikes. I'll be posting them below.

Did you actually have ALL of the cards? I was missing one and am trying to figure out which one it is. UpperDeck isn't very helpful because they don't have a comprehensive card list OR replacements yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I have all the cards. I didn't count everything, but perhaps I should. It would help if you could narrow down where you are missing a card. Pages 1 and 2 of the rulebook tells you how to separate the cards and how many of each type of card you should have. If you can narrow it down I can compare to what I have and tell you what you are missing. I don't have time to make an entire card list for the set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacy F
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_rhino wrote:
I believe I have all the cards. I didn't count everything, but perhaps I should. It would help if you could narrow down where you are missing a card. Pages 1 and 2 of the rulebook tells you how to separate the cards and how many of each type of card you should have. If you can narrow it down I can compare to what I have and tell you what you are missing. I don't have time to make an entire card list for the set.

It's a card from Shindig-B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombietonic wrote:
orange_rhino wrote:

I'll look at my set when I get home from work and let you know what I've got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, why can't all the cards look as good as the Zoe avatar card? cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zombietonic wrote:

the 11 cards from the Shindig episode deck are as follows:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
1 Atherton Wing
1 Badger
4 Badger's Gang
1 Buffet Table
3 Dance
1 Warwick Harrow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
zombietonic wrote:

the 11 cards from the Shindig episode deck are as follows:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
1 Atherton Wing
1 Badger
4 Badger's Gang
1 Buffet Table
3 Dance
1 Warwick Harrow

That's what I have as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_rhino wrote:

orange_rhino wrote:

orange_rhino wrote:

added the "large" mark-up tag for those of us on desktop systems. This way we can see all the photos without clicking into each one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch.

I see they spared no expense on the artwork. Clearly they hired the second year students from the local community college art course, not the freshmen like some people have claimed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.