Panzer (second edition)» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Scenario 7 Hold until Relieved rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei Shlepov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
We played Star Fluxx, Star Munchkin, Dixit, and, of course, Bomb Alley.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 7 is a great scenario to make AAR of. If features an archetypal late war situation of Soviet armor attack met with a German panzer angriff along with nearly all system features including indirect artillery fire and aircraft. And as that’s seventh Panzer FTF scenario I played against
Palatkin Dmitry
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
, it surely guarantees lots of action.

A German panzergrenadier company supported by a medium off-board artillery battery, a pair of 75 mm ATGs and a couple of Marder IIs has to hold on on a Hill A.17 against a Soviet tank company aided by two platoons of SMG tank riders, a pair of 57 mm ATGs, 82mm mortar and a HMG section long enough for reinforcements consisting of a panzer company, Henschel 129 B1 R-2 plane and a SdKfz 7 with 88 AAG in tow to arrive.

I took the Germans, and my first task was simply to survive before the reinforcements (which entry is variable) arrive.

Alarm! Ivan, er, Dmitry, is coming!

It took Dmitry three turns to get closer. German FO tried to call strike three times to no avail.

As Dmitry gets closer, the Germans are trying to get as closer to ground as possible

Well, turn 5 and first blood is spilt. One Soviet tank is immobilized, one platoon of tank riders is dismounted by off-board artillery but their comrades are pressing to the top of the heights!

Turn 6. Clever Soviet commander is keeping German ATGs set in buildings under indirect fire from dismounted mortars while his tanks are overrunning enemy positions, with tank riders coming to blows with panzer grenadiers! Reinforcements are delayed.

Turn 7. Hill A.17 is overrun! Only German ATGs and Marders which are set hull down continue to fight. Where are the reinforcements?!

Turn 8. Russian infantry begins entrenching while 57 mm ATGs dismount to help in the duel with their German counterparts. Still no reinforcements.

Turn 9. One German ATG is knocked out, crew of another one hugging the ground suppressed. Do the Germans get any reinforcements today?

Turn 10. PAKs are finished. Dmitry is coming after Marders full stop. Verdammen noch ein mahl! (German transmission after being informed reinforcements are delayed.)

Turn 11. Just look at this! AP, GP, Indirect fire, small arms fire! Dmitry throws everything at Marders, but they keep firing back, damaging one Soviet tank after another. Even without reinforcements.

Turn 12, and waddya know? Panzers are streaming from the north to the rescue, and Henschel is bombing Soviet tanks. One Marder still remains.

Turn 13. Henschel has just strafed Soviet ATGs and their trucks. The last Marder is done, boths sides are moving in to the final showdown.

Turn 14. Now German panzer company commander is calling indirect off board artillery strike on the hill.

Turn 15. Boths sides are coming to grips around the fateful hill. Offboard artillery is raining upon the tops which turn out to be… German pre-registered points. Surprise, Dmitry!

Turn 16. German commander payed the price of spotting for artillery as his panzer is KOd.

Turn 17. Germans are preparing for the last push.

Turn 18. Both sides get closer to the top while Soviet ATG is duelling with German 88...

Penultimate turn! Germans overrun one hilltop position while Soviet are holding on to the other. Wily Dmitry is sending his trucks in to block me from overrunning his position!

Last turn! German veteran panzers fire first point blank and eliminate every last Soviet tanks, Soviet tank riders eliminate one panzer in a last close assault. The game is over. And we go to the scorecards!

No one controls both hill locations so no one gets points for being king of the hill. Soviets score 635 points while Germans 862. But wait, they get +125 points for reinforcements to appear late! They need 110 points to achieve a complete tactical victory.

What a game! Dmitry really came close to winning, and he can’t fret much. He stands currently with 5 victories against 3 mine. With three scenarios to go, I could only hope for an overall draw in our head-to-head Panzer match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That was really fun to read. What a session! Thanks for sharing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great read!

Out of curiosity, how long it took you to play the whole game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Great AAR of a great game !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Shlepov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for reading!

It took us four hours to play. I should note we're both quick players and pretty familiar with the system.

I also stand corrected on Dmitry's overall lead in our Panzer showdown. It's 5-2, not 3. It's hard to win against him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job! A very good read and makes me want to get my copy back on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
The Panzer Pusher gives you prestige!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrei, I hope you don't mind if I edit this post and upload it onto the Panzer Pusher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Shlepov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be honoured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.