Resolve immediately.
Flip 1 Horror faceup.
Then flip this card facedown.

The Horror card 'Hysteria' says:
Quote:
Resolve immediately.
Flip 1 Damage faceup.
Then flip this card facedown.

If I had 1 of these cards facedown as my only damage/horror and drew the other card from the deck faceup, would this put me in an infinite loop of flipping one and then the other?

I assume as they have no other effects you could just not bother, but it's interesting to imagine the investigator going completely insane and slapping themselves in the face over and over!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Horror card is flipped face up BEFORE the other card is flipped face down, so I think it would stop there (with the the Damage card still face down...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nobody Special
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yeah I suppose you're right.
The "Then" implies it isn't facedown until after the other card is fully resolved; That makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

In this case, when you draw Light-headed and flip Hysteria up, you have to fully resolve Hysteria before Light-headed is flipped facedown. At this point, Light-headed is still face up, so Hysteria has no effect. Then Light-headed is flipped facedown. There is no infinite loop in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.