Subject: New Card Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Bauer
Germany
flag msg tools
So we will have a new eventcard deck.

But where to put it?

I mean there won't be room on the board, because the two eventcard decks we have, fill that reserved space. Although I am super excited for the new factions and I think, the new mechanics sound awesome, I'm a bit disappointed, Ares has no third section on the board for our new deck.

Well in the end, that's just cosmetics and won't matter for my gameplay experience, but I like to have my set up look clean and organised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solemmanolem wrote:

But where to put it?

I mean there won't be room on the board, because the two eventcard decks we have, fill that reserved space. Although I am super excited for the new factions and I think, the new mechanics sound awesome, I'm a bit disappointed, Ares has no third section on the board for our new deck.

Well in the end, that's just cosmetics and won't matter for my gameplay experience, but I like to have my set up look clean and organised.

I don't have my minions or companions on the board. The faction decks can just go to the right of the current event decks off the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It may be time to create a multi level card deck holder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solemmanolem wrote:

But where to put it?

Don't you think that's a kind of ridiculous complaint? Did you really think they would design a board game extension / replacement / the worst possible, STICKERS for the board - just to fit to quite small (in comparison) decks of cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do wish they had updated the Anniversary Edition board with extra spots, but that's about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
I do wish they had updated the Anniversary Edition board with extra spots, but that's about it.

OK, that's legitimate. If the Anniversary Edition hasn't yet gone to print, maybe you should write in advice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bauer
Germany
flag msg tools
Sargeras777 wrote:

Don't you think that's a kind of ridiculous complaint? Did you really think they would design a board game extension / replacement / the worst possible, STICKERS for the board - just to fit to quite small (in comparison) decks of cards?

Actually no. I don't think it's ridiculous. I think we all have our wishlist on how a game schould present itself and as I said, I am certain that I will find the gameplay as deep and versatile as I experience the base game plus Lords of Middle Earth, but I would have wished for a good solution regarding the placement of my third deck. And I don't mean stickers... But yes, it's a minor complaint and this shouldn't keep anyone from buying the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bauer
Germany
flag msg tools
Rafamir wrote:
It may be time to create a multi level card deck holder

If someone would sell that in Lord of the Ring theme, I may buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cisne
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Solemmanolem wrote:
I would have wished for a good solution regarding the placement of my third deck.

Behold: the table. (You're welcome.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Veghel
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not think it would be nice to have such a spot on the board for people who do not own or want to play with the expansion.

(As above the table needs to be big for all the minis anyway)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.