J. Riddell
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just got the game and have played a handful of times. It's been fun, but we got a bit stuck today because two players ended up with nothing but a single symbol (one had all moons, one had all frogs). Therefore no matter what each player did they could get nothing but cards with their one symbol. This put us into a stalemate.

Are we doing something wrong? This dragged the game out pretty long until I had to finally force a win for the only player that didn't have all of the same symbol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game can go into a stalemate. It's one of its flaws, I'm afraid

It happened to a few times. I usually end up giving the other player the victory only to start a new game instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

You can change the game setup, by giving each player 5 cards, and 5 in the fairy ring (for a 3-player game), or giving each player 6 cards, and 6 in the fairy ring (for a 2-player game). With extra cards, the "gain fairies" win condition should change from 6 to 7.

This rules variant will reduce the chance of encountering difficult loops. I hope this helps, and have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.