$30.00
Mathew Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. Drzzzzt, Orcus and Lolth all say "maximum 4" on their card instead of maximum 1, like Minsc and Boo. This needs to be incorrect, even if it isn't incorrect by design. These are individuals, not generic trolls and ogres. Has anyone seen an errata list for the set?

2. Siege of Faerun came with three new colours of action dice. Is the intention that we play with up to seven action dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fritz
msg tools
mbmbmb
1. Is the argument that because they represent individuals they should be singletons? Dice Masters has plenty of examples of individual "characters" being represented by multiple dice in the field -- look at any of the DC or Marvel sets, where almost all of the cards represent named characters and have a max of 4.

In my head, I picture it as the different dice representing the character dividing their attention :-)

2. The colors of action dice just allow for more variety in action dice selection. I think there are now something like 10 or 12 colors out there? Some of which are harder to differentiate. I managed to pick out 8 colors, though, that work well so that I can have 4 prebuilt decks with two colors each with no fear of duplicating colors regardless of how I match them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. Indeed. The game already has two cards that represent individuals, rather than generic monsters and heroes, and these are both Max: 1. Having Orcus, Lolth and Drizzt as Max 4 doesn't make sense (to me, anyway). In our group we are playing them as Max 1.

2. I see your uses for the additional colours, but I was hoping to find out if it was intended that we could now play with more than 2 actions per player. Is it intentional, or just Wizkids being sloppy again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kissybooboo wrote:
2. I see your uses for the additional colours, but I was hoping to find out if it was intended that we could now play with more than 2 actions per player. Is it intentional, or just Wizkids being sloppy again?
Umm, there's nothing sloppy about it. It's called choice. It's for fun. Why would I need 30 yellow action dice? They change the colors all the time, because it's better that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fritz
msg tools
mbmbmb
1. No. Those cards with a die limit of 1 don't represent individuals. They represent characters whose ability or stat line is so powerful that for balance reasons they are limited to one die in the game (on your side) at a time. There are plenty of other characters in the game that are balanced such that they can do multiple things per turn -- represented by potentially having multiple dice in the field at the same time. Die limit doesn't represent individuality or it would be impossible to field 20 dice in the DC or Marvel sets where EVERY character is an individual.

2. No, multiple colors doesn't imply a change to the rules. The game is balanced for 4 BACs at a time: I bring two. You bring two. BUT, I can now choose for a TON of different colors for the two I bring :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Minsc & Boo is only limit: 1 because it was a promo card that came with a unique promo die that can't be found anywhere else. Same with Belaphoss from D&D2: FUS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.