6 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Randomly selecting cards to drop. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nobody Special
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had an effect in-game that instructed an investigator to drop 2 random items, does this include common items, unique items and spells?

If so how is a card selected randomly given that they all have different art on the back? If I shuffled them together I'd still be able to tell which was my unique item for example. Even if I'm only selecting from my common items, some of them are dual-sided and could still be identified.

The only thing I could find in the rules was the term 'possession' which refers to both common and unique items as well as spells.

Should I just shuffle my whole inventory and select one with my eyes closed? It's not a big deal but the inelegance of it makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what we did, just closed eyes and selected one. Didn't seem like a big deal to us...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Boucvalt
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rule book states items consist of ONLY common items and unique items (not spells)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nobody Special
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
That's what we did, just closed eyes and selected one. Didn't seem like a big deal to us...
-shnar

It's not a big deal
I was just making sure I have the rules straight.

Buhbooh wrote:
The rule book states items consist of ONLY common items and unique items (not spells)

Ah yes I see that, you're right! Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also an entry in the RRG for "Random".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happened to me in my game yesterday. I simply gathered my items (excluding spells) and shuffled them under the table so I could not see the card backs etc. Then I just pulled out two cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.