Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Evade and Puzzle questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If I evade a monster to explore an adjacent room, and pass the test, then the room says I may move into the that location, do I have to do another evasion test to move? Since the app says "may" I am not being forced to move, but it felt odd to do another one.

At first I did do another evasion test, but the app then told me to forfeit my action, however my action was basically complete so I couldn't undo the exploration of the room.

We decided that the evade counted for all of the search effect.

2. When solving a puzzle, can you help each other out? I couldn't find anything in the rules that said we couldn't discuss it with each other. Maybe this is just me remembering the first edition (which did prohibit it) so the fact that the game doesn't mention anything suggests there is nothing stopping you from discussing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The free move is part of the Explore action, so you only need the one Evade check.

2) I don't believe this is explicitly addressed by the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
2) Agreed with Jason. Still, I'd say the game is full coop, so, I don't think it's a problem if all the players debate on how to solve a puzzle. I never understood that rule in 1st edition, the ability of a character is not necessarily linked to the actual ability of the player. Some people could be puzzle-impaired (one of my dearest friends is a total disaster with puzzles) and they should all have fun with all aspects of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we've never had a problem with the investigators collaborating on puzzles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Players are not prohibited from helping each other with puzzles in the same way that they are not prohibited from helping each other with general strategy throughout the game.

So yes, 1st Ed had a prohibition on this, but 2nd Ed doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.