Popular Tags: [View All]
G. Gambill
United States
Shawnee on Delaware
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this episode of The Long View, I'm pleased to be joined by first time contributor
Gene-Paul Viking
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
as we discuss his favorite game, Acquire, the venerable classic by designer Sid Sackson. How is it that a game from 1964 is still so well regarded that it's still rated in the top 200 in this age of the age of the "cult of the new"? What makes this game special? What challenges face new players? What are the best strategies to use? Listen to hear the answers to these questions and more from my special guest in this episode!

The Long View is proudly sponsored by www.gamesurplus.com Go and check out what makes them so special, and listen to this episode to hear about a chance for a lucky listener to win a copy of Flick 'em Up! courtesy of the great folks at GameSurplus.com! The Long View is also a proud member of The Dice Tower Network. Go and check out all of the great sister podcasts in the Network!

If you enjoy the episode, please consider joining The Long View Guild for news and special announcements. Thanks for listening! The episode can be found here in the BGG database, through iTunes and Stitcher by subscription, or by following the link listed below.

http://drivethruvideos.com/wp-content/podcasts/LongView/Acqu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone once told me, if you wanted to convey something about the strategy, you'd call this game Acquired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to this episode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.