11 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Variants

Subject: Small fighter expansion to Star War Rebellion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just some thoughts and ideas for adding to this great game without making it unbalanced.

New units:

Rebels:

2 B-Wings
Starting with turn 5, 2 B-wings enter the ship depot.
Same as Y-Wing except with the following rule: if an B-wing is present you may reroll one red die.

2 A-Wings
Starting with turn 5, 2 A-wings enter the ship depot.
ASame as X-Wing except with the following rule: if no tie interceptor is present you may reroll one gray die.

Imperials

4 Tie Bombers
Same as Y-wing

2 Tie Interceptors
Starting with turn 5, 2 Tie interceptors enter the ship depot.
Same as Tie Fighter except with the following rule: if no A-wing is present you may reroll one gray die.

I understand this game does not need new things, but I like to think about adding some basic things seen in the movies.
Dont know how to add a nebulon B frigate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Loyko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
Very interesting idea, thank you. Do you take miniatures from Armada?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
light7 wrote:
Very interesting idea, thank you. Do you take miniatures from Armada?

Dont have armada. That would mean an economical crisis. Read: I can withstand the desire to get that game.

But it sure seems like good miniaturen for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

two questions:

- Did you manage to find miniature with the good size?
- Are Armada miniatures the same size as Rebellion miniature? I could be interested by buying Rebels and Imperials fighters for such an expansion, but only if they don't seem to be thrice the size of the Rebellion fighters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Armada fighters are smaller, other ships are bigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duinhir wrote:
Hi!

two questions:

- Did you manage to find miniature with the good size?
- Are Armada miniatures the same size as Rebellion miniature? I could be interested by buying Rebels and Imperials fighters for such an expansion, but only if they don't seem to be thrice the size of the Rebellion fighters

Do not have them but from what I read they are a bit smaller.

I have not played with these rules but its what I came up with thinking this over.

Any thoughts on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Solo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In my opinion, the B-wing's size from the latest Risk edition of star wars is in accordance with Rebellion's ships. However, they are blue and there is no A-wings or TIEs except for the common TIE fighter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio
Peru
Lima
Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I got both Armada rebel and Imperial fighter expansions for Rebellion, as stated the fighters are a bit smaller than the Rebellion ones, but they are usable, you get 6 of every model, the size difference is about 75% less and the new ones should be used with their transparent bases. New total fighter numbers are:
TIE fighter: 30 (24 + 6)
TIE Interceptor: 6
TIE Bomber: 6
TIE X1 (advanced?): 6
X-Wing: 14 (8 + 6)
Y-Wing: 18 (12 + 6)
A-Wing: 6
B-Wing: 6

About the scales, I think the A-Wing is in scale with the X-Wing from Armada

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Having them randomly show up at turn five seems odd to me. Those fighters were researched and developed by their respective sides. So it would have to be either a mission or some expenditure of production to add the better fighters to your pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also agree with that, empire has projects but not rebels. Either you use special tokens to represent those new mini, or either X-wings and Y-wings get auto upgraded to A and B wings.

I thought there could be prototype units tokens to add up those units but you have low quatities of them. Tie advanced and defenders could be such prototype units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
larienna wrote:
I also agree with that, empire has projects but not rebels. Either you use special tokens to represent those new mini, or either X-wings and Y-wings get auto upgraded to A and B wings.

I thought there could be prototype units tokens to add up those units but you have low quatities of them. Tie advanced and defenders could be such prototype units.

While B wings were a strait up improvement on the Y wing (and incredibly more expensive) the A wing was not an improvement on the x-wing and really served a different role entirely. In fact A-wings were actually cheaper I think than X-wings. But A wings were one of the fastest fighters in the galaxy. Excellent for recon and flanking operations but with less shields and firepower than an x-wing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.