$15.00
$30.00
$20.00
$5.00
Oscar Baechler
msg tools
Like me, I'm sure you've tried the various options to increase difficulty when, say, fighting a wimp like Mole Man. Here's a new one: Ambition cards as master strikes!

1. Instead of shuffling in 5 master strikes, shuffle in 5 random Ambition cards
2. When you draw the ambition card, it still functions as a master strike. Then, it also functions like the ambition card.
3. Adjust the difficulty by only 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 ambition cards.
4. For MORE difficulty, instead use ambition cards as Scheme Twists. Then prepare for 8 random crappy things happen!

This struck me as a fun and easily implemented mod. And also, it adds a lot of variation; you might get the measly 2 cost ambition cards, but you might get the terrifying 10 cost ambition cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ogbog wrote:
Like me, I'm sure you've tried the various options to increase difficulty when, say, fighting a wimp like Mole Man. Here's a new one: Ambition cards as master strikes!

1. Instead of shuffling in 5 master strikes, shuffle in 5 random Ambition cards
2. When you draw the ambition card, it still functions as a master strike. Then, it also functions like the ambition card.
3. Adjust the difficulty by only 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 ambition cards.
4. For MORE difficulty, instead use ambition cards as Scheme Twists. Then prepare for 8 random crappy things happen!

This struck me as a fun and easily implemented mod. And also, it adds a lot of variation; you might get the measly 2 cost ambition cards, but you might get the terrifying 10 cost ambition cards.

Have you playtested or tried it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Petit
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nifty idea! Next game i play with my wife, i'll make sure to try it and give a more tested opinion after.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
We use ambition cards in place of the 4 mastermind tactics cards for some of the base set masterminds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mitchell
Australia
flag msg tools
I just have an ambition card go off every time a villain escapes the city with the attack points targeting heroes in the HQ, KOing the highest costing card that is equal to or less than the ambition card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Petit
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Doctor Nightmare wrote:
Nifty idea! Next game i play with my wife, i'll make sure to try it and give a more tested opinion after.thumbsup

Done. We had a great time getting our butts kicked by King Hyperion and we really liked using the ambition cards this way. It's got the official wife stamp of approval so, it's going to be a rule we will play with from now on! Thanks for what we both think is a great and fun addition to the game.
I recommand to everyone to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.