Subject: Small base-slots / thick tokens ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else having trouble sliding the tokens into the bases?

I had to use a lot of force and even used a tool to push it in the last millimeters to make the name and numbers readable.

I did not have this problem with first edition.

I am also having some issues squeezing the pins of the miniatures into the slightly narrow holes on the bases..

All in all both the token-slot and the pin-holes feels a bit tiny.

Thank gods all the statistics are the same for the monsters so that I can glue the mini to the base without worrying about being able to identify them as in first edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Wilkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had the same issue, the proof of purchase token finally came in handy, I used it to push in the token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, seems tighter than before. However, the back part where you put the Rune token is really loose...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel James
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base slots are much narrower/tighter than first edition. Once the tiles are in there is little chance of getting them out again without damaging them. It is a problem if you want to swap between 1st and 2nd tiles as the tiles will be wrecked.

My bases also had a lot of flashing left on them which needed trimming off, I was NOT impressed after all the money I spent...however good the game is...andit is SO good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yeah - I had to push too hard for my liking.

In fact PROTIP: make sure the foot peg is not pushed in to far into the base. One actually stuck down too far and scratched the tokens face - of course right on the monster name text... curses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My tokens were mostly fine aside from one which was broken. It also hurt one of my poor cultist tokens when I tested it. I sent an email to the store I bought it from hoping for a replacement base but we shall see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having the same issue but also a fair amount of flash. The worst was a giant piece inside the name groove of the plastic piece. I also was using a piece from the game to push them in further...like an idiot. Got the cardboard shredded on one side.

vincentdante wrote:
I sent an email to the store I bought it from hoping for a replacement base but we shall see.

You need to contact FFG for a replacement part. Odds are good they'll drop it in the mail before you get your confirmation they received your request. They have a webpage dedicated to replacement parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same issue. There is no way I'll be able to get them out. I was slightly disappointed by this. Hindsight, I wish I would have left them out.

Speaking of the bases, do any of you keep your minis attached to the bases for storage? I gave up on this as well, since they never seem to stay in when in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I really struggled, and a sharp bit on the bottom of the hole for the peg tore one of my cards.

Way worse quality than the first game. The miniatures are particularly bad. I'm tempted with a few to just cut the pegs off the feet and glue them to the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.