Subject: Welcome back to BGG! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: misleading [+] THIS_is_why [+] They're_baaaaack [+] [View All]
David Eckstein
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Welcome back TGB refugees
Almost two years exactly to the date since the great migration (pilgrimage?) away from BGG to a new forum, ostensibly more free and open forum, they have started to now return. Like all good intentions the new forum held the promise of minimal or even no moderation, which isn't such a happy place after all when other people are free as well to post things you disagree with politically. (trust me, I know LOL)

So, after all these years, let us all give them a hearty welcome back to BoardGameGeek!!
Let bygones be bygones. Let us all forget the mudslinging, condescension, strife and turmoil caused to the BGG wargaming community on the way out. Let us all forgive the mocking of loyal BGG members that stayed, the personal insults directed against BGG moderators, open ridicule towards anyone that tried to warn they were making a mistake, and the overall disrespect directed against the entire BGG wargaming community (yes that includes all of you reading this now).

Welcome Back! Captain Tuttle (quinonoid), formerly known as "usrlocal" [a deleted account] and "kenosha kid" [another deleted account]. Pete P is a good guy and has already restarted those awesome caption contests for GG everyone loved! Bonus GG if you guess the meaning of his new username!!

Welcome back too CountDeMoney, who thankfully didn't delete his entire account. Welcome CdM!

Welcome back all. And let's all hope the third time is the charm. It's been a quiet, easy going, stress and flamewar free last two years here in the BGG wargaming community so let's all work together toward moving forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Where is "TGB" LINK to there? I'm recently returned after this Laptop went "bits up!" this past last mid-May some more and it lost all of my bookmarks yet again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Vindolanda
Britannia
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Protector of Nothing in Particular
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
Where is "TGB" LINK to there? I'm recently returned after this Laptop went "bits up!" this past last mid-May some more and it lost all of my bookmarks yet again!
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/index.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:

Welcome back, Robert!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Thanks! Now, can someone there then have their Admin send me my "log in" password to here at BGG as I don't recollect this either. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Welcome back to BGG!
Okay, it is being "ongoing" for the 'time' being and what happened with the "Intartubewebs", since y`all have screwed it upwards whilst EVENLY "Dervishly Whirlying" upon THIS thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.